PC Peripherals Looking to buy my first mechanical keyboard at < 3K

Hi guys,

I am thinking of buying a mechanical keyboard. This will be my first mechanical keyboard, and I have no experience with them at all. Haven't had my hands on a mechanical keyboard yet.

I have been using membrane keyboards till now, of Logitech, but their keys start to wobble soon, and they lose the soft touch they had when they arrived fresh. Also, they get bad soon over a few years. So, thinking of putting in some money and going for a mechanical keyboard which will last me quite a few years.

I am not a gamer and so I am not looking for a gaming mechanical keyboard. I just need a keyboard on which I can type, and it should feel good typing stuff. The keys should be soft and responsive, and typing experience should be great.

My budget is 2.5K, and I can extend a bit for a good keyboard. So, maybe < 3K.

I have read a few threads on the forum, and it seems like TVS mechanical keyboard will be good given my budget range. There are two of them on Amazon within my price range:

Which one to go for?

I read a few threads on the forum about mechanical keyboards, and I think the TVS keyboard had Cherry MX blue switches earlier, but now they have some other switches. So, is it still a good product to buy?

Also, I read that blue switches have noisy clicks, and for typing brown or white are better. But, I don't think I will get brown or white switches in a keyboard in my budget?

I had thought of buying a mechanical keyboard a few years back and that time, TVS keyboard was around 2.2K. Should have bought it then.

Any other good choices in this range?

TVs gold pro is the keyboard you want. Wait for it to come for stock at 3100rs.

If you want a less noisy keyboard, TVs gold prime with kailh red switches

TVs gold pro is the keyboard you want. Wait for it to come for stock at 3100rs.

This one is a bit costly. Will the price come down?
If you want a less noisy keyboard, TVs gold prime with kailh red switches

You mean this one? It hasn't got much good rating on Amazon.

I think you should steer clear of TVS boards. The tiny backspace will bother you.

Yes, I was worried about the tiny backspace key. But, one might get used to it?

As a long term TVS Gold Bharat user - you do get used to it.

Thanks. That's good to know.

Your options under 3000 would be limited anyway.

try the circle keyboards, they are available at <3K price bracket and are great beginner mechanical keyboards.

There are a few options available like Zebronics, Cosmic Byte, Redgear, Circle etc, but I think most of them are for gaming, and given the price range, I think TVS keyboards are better than these, right?

I am skeptical of Zebronics and Circle because their products are sub par generally. Some reviews do mention Zebronics mechanical keyboard to be premium and good, but I trust TVS better, given its reputation. I don't want to buy my first mechanical keyboard at over 2K+ and then run into problems early on. I cannot afford to have problems in the product with that amount of money I put in it. For me, it should be a good investment for long term. Product should be reliable.

their was a gigabyte model for 3.3k which is good. else cosmic byte or red gear are option before 3k. gamdias also have some kb but I think its around 4k or so, the good one.

Thanks. That's good to know.

There are a few options available like Zebronics, Cosmic Byte, Redgear, Circle etc, but I think most of them are for gaming, and given the price range, I think TVS keyboards are better than these, right?

I am skeptical of Zebronics and Circle because their products are sub par generally. Some reviews do mention Zebronics mechanical keyboard to be premium and good, but I trust TVS better, given its reputation. I don't want to buy my first mechanical keyboard at over 2K+ and then run into problems early on. I cannot afford to have problems in the product with that amount of money I put in it. For me, it should be a good investment for long term. Product should be reliable.
I suggest you take a keyboard with a backlight. You can keep a solid color backlight like white or red and leave it static.
Backlight keyboards will be of immense help when working sometimes in a not-so-well-lit room, trust me.

TVS is good but I suggest the Zebronics max pro, my cousin has it for gaming as well as for work and it is great.
I used it myself when I went to his place this January for a week. It is over a year old(purchased when launched) and it has 0 problems and works great.

Also, my first mechanical keyboard was a TVS gold and it had so many quality issues and they are now using cheap clone switches. My keyboard top case was cracked for the first and the second had a very noticeable blemish, I just gave up since I did not want to exchange it again and just kept it till I sold it off a year later. It was not a great experience with the TVS gold.

Also, please note that the enter key and the spacebar keys are very rattly and irritate when typing. After switching out I realized how bad it was.
I compared it with a Redragon TKL mechanical keyboard(my second mechanical keyboard).
I have switched myself and used 4 other keyboards after the TVS gold(all mechanical) and I felt all of them were much better than the TVS.

Last edited:
I suggest you take a keyboard with a backlight. You can keep a solid color backlight like white or red and leave it static.
Backlight keyboards will be of immense help when working sometimes in a not-so-well-lit room, trust me.

Backlight would be nice if the keyboard has it, but I do not care about it much. The keyboard should be reliable, and should last long, and give a good typing experience.
TVS is good but I suggest the Zebronics max pro, my cousin has it for gaming as well as for work and it is great.
I used it myself when I went to his place this January for a week. It is over a year old(purchased when launched) and it has 0 problems and works great.

Zebronics Max Pro seems to be quite out of my budget.
Also, my first mechanical keyboard was a TVS gold and it had so many quality issues and they are now using cheap clone switches. My keyboard top case was cracked for the first and the second had a very noticeable blemish, I just gave up since I did not want to exchange it again and just kept it till I sold it off a year later. It was not a great experience with the TVS gold.

Also, please note that the enter key and the spacebar keys are very rattly and irritate when typing. After switching out I realized how bad it was.
I compared it with a Redragon TKL mechanical keyboard(my second mechanical keyboard).
I have switched myself and used 4 other keyboards after the TVS gold(all mechanical) and I felt all of them were much better than the TVS.

Sorry to hear about your experience with TVS. I have read mostly positive feedback about TVS till now.

Anyone else having TVS mechanical keyboards wanna share their experience here?

Anyone using TVS with the new switches? I think earlier they were using original Cherry MX Blue switches, but now they are using some other switches. Feedback would be great.

Bought two tvs gold keyboards a couple of years back 2k each and both of them have issues like keypress repeat, keys jamming while typing and some keys also stopped functioning. Wasted 4k and now the units are lying as junk.

Older models which come in white color used to work well for years but now they are just crap. Moreover the warranty period is only 1 year. Never in my life will i buy a tvs keyboard.

Last edited:
Dang! Then which mechanical keyboard to buy within the price range?
You want under 3K right, will check and post a few links shortly.
These are my recommendations.

Full 100% keyboards -

RED SWITCHES -

BROWN SWITCHES -

BLUE SWITCHES -

TKL (Ten Key Less) keyboards -

RED SWITCHES -

BLUE SWITCHES -

Last edited:
welcome to the party brother.. in same boat as you and just posted same thread check that out too some suggestion there as well..

welcome to the party brother.. in same boat as you and just posted same thread check that out too some suggestion there as well..
Read your thread. Your budget and mine are really different, but it's a shame that you aren't getting good choices in that budget too? I am sure there must be great choices in 4-5K range.

Which keyboard have you been considering for yourself?

Gigabyte GK-Force 83 looked good, but sadly, someone posted in your thread that they have stopped its production. That sucks.

I might end up buying TVS keyboard, but I am having doubts about it now after negative feedback in this thread. Had heard good things about it till now. I don't have any idea about the quality of the likes of Redgear, Cosmic Byte, Zebronics etc. There are choices available, but it is difficult to make decision when you have no idea about the different products available.

If true, it is a shame that TVS keyboards have gone down on quality.

The CB-GK-03 is blue switches, not red. It's mislabelled on Amazon - check the second last listing image and this:

1618215144816.png

well theres gigabyte gk-85 but as of now.. i still not convinced to pull the trigger..

Where do you see this in stock?

i mean it was a successive version of k83.
as for availability it might available on primeabgb, its showing 5k on itwares but i never used that site.
I contacted primeabgb a while back for this, they said it wasn't in stock and they don't know if/when it would be. IIRC, it's listed as contact for price there.

Back