Budget 0-20k Looking to replace my pc with single board computer

Hi

After some research I have decided to move on from my PC to a SBC. My main uses of the pc are:
1. Torrents (about 300-400)
2. 4k Streaming

Based on my research I have narrowed down on Odroid N2+ as my system of choice. I wanted to go with Rpi4 but the 4k streaming and support is bad.

This will roughly cost me 11k to get the 4 gb version.

Few questions;
1. Does anyone have experience or thoughts to share on my approach?
2. Would I need 4gb ram board or 2gb would suffice for my above-intended use cases?
3. Do you think any other boards will be better (I ruled out Asus tinkerboard due to bad support)

Hi

After some research I have decided to move on from my PC to a SBC. My main uses of the pc are:
1. Torrents (about 300-400)
2. 4k Streaming

Based on my research I have narrowed down on Odroid N2+ as my system of choice. I wanted to go with Rpi4 but the 4k streaming and support is bad.

This will roughly cost me 11k to get the 4 gb version.

Few questions;
1. Does anyone have experience or thoughts to share on my approach?
2. Would I need 4gb ram board or 2gb would suffice for my above-intended use cases?
3. Do you think any other boards will be better (I ruled out Asus tinkerboard due to bad support)
You seeding torrents :sweatsmile:

Hi, This may be deflecting, but still wanted to mention. If you prefer genuine Windows on the SBC and be fine with FHD streaming, you can lookout for Lattepanda.
4K might or might not be, I don't have a 4K display to test with, but it works good with FHD. You can take a look at fabtolab,com for Lattepandas.

Hi, This may be deflecting, but still wanted to mention. If you prefer genuine Windows on the SBC and be fine with FHD streaming, you can lookout for Lattepanda.
4K might or might not be, I don't have a 4K display to test with, but it works good with FHD. You can take a look at fabtolab,com for Lattepandas.
Thanks for the input...I am not too bothered about the os...as I will primarily use qtorrent and kodi plus vlc...so these will be available on all platforms..

why dont you look out for AMD v1000 and v2000 embeded systems or go nvidia jetson nano way if you are good with linux
Based on quick searches...this will be a completely different league in terms of price--30k+...for the n2+ 4gb version will cost around 15k maximum with accessories.

Also the power requirement with the SCB will be extremely low so no issue with running of a meagre ups for hours

Back