Linux Lossless youtube video downloading in android.

rupeshforu3

Disciple
Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have Linux pc and android smartphone and I want to download youtube video with best quality.

Actually in my smartphone I have installed videoder, TubeMate and both first download youtube video and after that it transcode to other video with custom resolution and video bitrate.

In Linux system I have installed youtube-dl and yt-dlp and both download youtube videos without transcoding to other video. Among the above yt-dlp is most advanced than youtube-dl.

When original youtube video is transcoded to other video there is quality loss.

Now my requirement is "Is there any way to download youtube video without any transcoding as yt-dlp did in android smartphone. ".

I have installed and examined newpipe which is the Foss alternative to youtube app. I think that newpipe download youtube video without any transcoding. Is it true.

Please suggest any app for Android which can download youtube video without any transcoding.

If it's not possible to download youtube video without any transcoding in android then I will use yt-dlp in Linux system.

Regards,
Rupesh.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve. You can use ytmate.xyz and paste the url in the website, you will get option to download the youtube video in custom resolution

Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have Linux pc and android smartphone and I want to download youtube video with best quality.

Actually in my smartphone I have installed videoder, TubeMate and both first download youtube video and after that it transcode to other video with custom resolution and video bitrate.

In Linux system I have installed youtube-dl and yt-dlp and both download youtube videos without transcoding to other video. Among the above yt-dlp is most advanced than youtube-dl.

When original youtube video is transcoded to other video there is quality loss.

Now my requirement is "Is there any way to download youtube video without any transcoding as yt-dlp did in android smartphone. ".

I have installed and examined newpipe which is the Foss alternative to youtube app. I think that newpipe download youtube video without any transcoding. Is it true.

Please suggest any app for Android which can download youtube video without any transcoding.

If it's not possible to download youtube video without any transcoding in android then I will use yt-dlp in Linux system.

Regards,
Rupesh.

there are websites that do this
there are apps like newpipe on phones

plz dont reinvent the wheeel

why do you want to transcode ?

I don't want to transcode the original youtube video and instead I want to download the original youtube video as it is present in youtube server.

Previously I have asked how to download original youtube video without any transcoding.

Is it possible to do so using newpipe.

There are plenty of website which allow you download youtube videos.

I use savefrom.net and it gives various options to download the videos in various resolution. Alternatively you also get an option to download videos on Internet Download Manager on the YouTube page itself. You can select the format and resolution in the download page.

Yes there are plenty of download managers and website and all do the same thing ie., they first download the original youtube video and after that converts to other video with custom resolution and video bitrate.

I want same and exact copy of the video present in youtube server without any conversion.

You can't download the original video the channel uploaded. you can only download one of the formats youtube makes available for streaming. and this is not just 1 copy, there are several video and audio streams available with different bitrates. run youtube-dl with the -F option to see all available streams.

Is there any app similar to youtube-dl in android.

By using youtube-dl with -F option in Linux system we can see available streams with size.

Actually youtube-dl works in a different way compared to TubeMate and videoder ie., it downloads video stream without any transcoding.

I prefer to use android phone and so I am searching whether the same can be done in android.

Is there any app similar to youtube-dl in android.

By using youtube-dl with -F option in Linux system we can see available streams with size.

Actually youtube-dl works in a different way compared to TubeMate and videoder ie., it downloads video stream without any transcoding.

I prefer to use android phone and so I am searching whether the same can be done in android.

Have you tried the app newpipe on android, it gives you various options to download videos as well as just the audio.

Back