Budget 31-40k Low End Gaming PC - Not a Hardcore Gamer

arghya139

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

• 35K-40K

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• Wireless KBD + Mouse

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPUAMD 4/6 Core
MotherboardSupport for USB 3.0, SATA 6.0 GB/s Must
RAMAny 4 GB
GPUDual Link DVI Out, HDMI Ready
HDD1 TB
ODDAny
CABINETCooler Master
PSUCorsair
MONITOR22" LED HDMI Ready
k/b mouseExisting
speaker5.1
UPSSame
WEBCAM?
spike guardNone

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• Final

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

• Kolkata City
  • TE Dealer if Located in Kol

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

• Nope

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

• Photoshop and Designing Software (Corel etc) : No 3D
  • Watching HD Movies
  • Testing New Games

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

• Love AMD, All my previous 3 PCs are AMD

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

• All new games, can compromise with low resolution settings, no need for high quality settings

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. 1920 x 1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

• No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x86

Intel Core i5 2400~10.5k
Intel DH67-BL ~5.5k
G.Skill RIPJAWS 2GB x2 1600MHz ~1.7k [You already have Corsair 4GB DDR3 Ram,I'd suggest you to keep that,If you're not keeping it then this is a good buy]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5k [OR try to get a second hand drive for now from the Member's Market]
Optical drive ~Samsung OR LG-1k
Sapphire HD7770-9k OR Sapphire HD6870-11k
Seasonic S12II 520W~3.8k[If you go for HD7770 then your current PSU is good enough for this rig,If not then go for this psu.
Nzxt Gamma ~2.4k
Dell ST2220L ~8.5k [22" full-HD, LED baclit monitor with HDMI connector]
Even though your preference is AMD the intel processor lineup is unmatched by AMD processors so it's better to go intel way.
Hope this helps.:)

I would suggest this configuration --

Intel Core i3 2120 ~6800/-
Intel DH67-BL ~5800/-
Corsair ValueRAM 4GB x1333MHz [OR similar RAM to what you already have] ~1300/-
AMD HD 7770GHz ~9000/-
Bit Fenix Merc Alpha ~2800/- [from flipkart --> BitFenix Merc Alpha | Cabinet | Flipkart.com, replace your Cooler Master eLite cabinet with this]
Cooler Master GX450W ~3400/-
APC BR1100VA-IN ~5000/- [because the older UPS cannot take the load of the higher rated SMPS]

DeLL ST2220L ~8500/- -- OR salvage the old one you have and continue using it
hard-drive -- salvage the old one you have and continue using it, because current hard-drive prices are expensive.
Optical disk drive -- continue with your current one if it is working fine OR chuck it for a HP [boxed] optical drive for ~1000/- INR.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5k [OR try to get a second hand drive for now from the Member's Market]
Nzxt Gamma ~2.4k

The NZXT cabinet's cannot be acquired in Kolkata easily, also not so cheap either. So no point suggesting it.

OP already has a 500GB hard-drive I think he should tick with it for now.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Well Nzxt is having shortage in availability,OP doesn't want to keep the HDD don't know why hence i've suggested one,If OP goes for HD7770 then CX430V2 is good enough for it and he can also go with quad core processor which would be better.OP has a good existing rig so i5 2400 would be a better upgrade over it.

Intel DH67-BL ~5800/-
AMD HD 7770GHz ~9000/-
Bit Fenix Merc Alpha ~2800/- [from flipkart --> BitFenix Merc Alpha | Cabinet | Flipkart.com, replace your Cooler Master eLite cabinet with this]
APC BR1100VA-IN ~5000/- [because the older UPS cannot take the load of the higher rated SMPS]

hard-drive -- salvage the old one you have and continue using it, because current hard-drive prices are expensive.
Optical disk drive -- continue with your current one if it is working fine OR chuck it for a HP [boxed] optical drive for ~1000/- INR.

The NZXT cabinet's cannot be acquired in Kolkata easily, also not so cheap either. So no point suggesting it.

Intel Core i5 2400~10.5k
Intel DH67-BL ~5.5k
G.Skill RIPJAWS 2GB x2 1600MHz ~1.7k [You already have Corsair 4GB DDR3 Ram,I'd suggest you to keep that,If you're not keeping it then this is a good buy]
Optical drive ~Samsung OR LG-1k
Sapphire HD7770-9k OR Sapphire HD6870-11k
Seasonic S12II 520W~3.8k[If you go for HD7770 then your current PSU is good enough for this rig,If not then go for this psu.
Nzxt Gamma ~2.4k
Dell ST2220L ~8.5k [22" full-HD, LED baclit monitor with HDMI connector]
Even though your preference is AMD the intel processor lineup is unmatched by AMD processors so it's better to go intel way.
Hope this helps.:)

I had 3 Previous PCs of AMD Only, so thats my fav
btw, your config goes beyond 46k, not in my budget
sorry and thanks fr advice

Intel DH67-BL ~5800/-
AMD HD 7770GHz ~9000/-

As said, I wont prefer Intel over AMD, thanks for the config but it also goes over 42-43 :(

Well Nzxt is having shortage in availability,OP doesn't want to keep the HDD don't know why hence i've suggested one,If OP goes for HD7770 then CX430V2 is good enough for it and he can also go with quad core processor which would be better.OP has a good existing rig so i5 2400 would be a better upgrade over it.

I am not keeping the HDD as the buyer will take the whole package, keeping the wireless only as I already have a wired set to give him.

Guys thanks a lot for suggestions but please bear with my budget, can extend to 40K highest
Also, nobody recommended any Speaker / Webcam ?

I had 3 Previous PCs of AMD Only, so thats my fav
btw, your config goes beyond 46k, not in my budget
sorry and thanks fr advice

Arghya you do not need to be sorry, okay we know that you like AMD over Intel but the fact is current generation AMD CPU's are --
  • less efficient, consume more power for the same amount of work that Intel processors do with lesser energy consumed.
  • poor performance when it comes to points like gaming.
  • are lagging behind Intel when it comes to power saving options.

Here is another option from Intel [I will also give a contemporary AMD RIG] --

MSi H67MA-E35 ~4900/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1600/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/- [OR get a second hand drive from the TE Member's Market]
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
AMD HD 7750 ~7000/-
Bit Fenix Merc Alpha ~2800/- [from flipkart --> BitFenix Merc Alpha | Cabinet | Flipkart.com]
Corsair CX V2430W ~2500/-
[your current UPS should do fine]
DeLL ST2220L ~8500/- [22" full-HD LED-backlit monitor with HDMI connector] OR DeLL IN2030M ~6500/- [20" LED-backlit matte screen monitor, with DVI-D connector]
Altec Lansing BXR 1221 ~1100/-
Microsoft LifeCam HD3000 ~1800/- Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000 Webcam | Webcam | Flipkart.com OR LOGITECH C270h ~1600/- Logitech C270h HD Webcam (with Headphone) | Webcam | Flipkart.com

AMD RIG --

AMD FX-4100 ~6500/-
ASUS M5A97 ~6400/-
[rest all same as Intel RIG]

A few reviews for the AMD FX-4100 --> http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1766/1/ / http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-fx-8120-6100-4100.html / http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-4100-core-i3-2100-gaming-benchmark,3136.html.

The junior desktop Bulldozer CPU, FX-4100, looks more like a more up-to-date alternative to the junior Phenom II X4 processors, i.e. it is often even slower than Core i3.

Of course, performance is not the only feature of the CPU that matters to the end-users. AMD has always used pricing strategies to their advantage making their not very fast products a good buy almost all the time. However, in case of the new FX series, they seem to have lost touch with reality. Bulldozer processors are obviously overpriced, their prices are inadequate for the level of performance in general-purpose tasks that they can deliver. AMD may be betting on enthusiasts who care about energy-efficiency and who won’t be able to find an Intel product with overclocking capabilities in the sub-$200 price range. However, in our opinion this argument won’t save even the very junior FX models, especially since it is impossible to unlock the disabled cores in FX-6100 and FX-4100 CPUs.

It turns out that the only one who may benefit from the upcoming migration from Phenom II to the new FX family is AMD. Bulldozer microarchitecture allows the company to stop using old manufacturing process for their semiconductor dies and move on to the new cores with lower production cost. However, the end users won’t win in this situation. FX CPUs that are coming to replace the good old Phenom II processors are not faster or cheaper than their predecessors. Therefore, until processors on new Piledriver microarchitecture come out, the new FX are of no real interest to AMD fans and Phenom II owners. FX CPUs are also hardly appealing for the new systems: Intel’s Core i5 and Core i3 processors can offer better combination of price and performance in a wide range of tasks with only a few exceptions such as video transcoding in x264 codec and selected 3D rendering applications.

Hope this fits your budget, Cheerio!!

Arghya you do not need to be sorry, okay we know that you like AMD over Intel but the fact is current generation AMD CPU's are --
  • less efficient, consume more power for the same amount of work that Intel processors do with lesser energy consumed.
  • poor performance when it comes to points like gaming.
  • are lagging behind Intel when it comes to power saving options.

Here is another option from Intel [I will also give a contemporary AMD RIG] --

MSi H67MA-E35 ~4900/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1600/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/- [OR get a second hand drive from the TE Member's Market]
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
AMD HD 7750 ~7000/-
Bit Fenix Merc Alpha ~2800/- [from flipkart --> BitFenix Merc Alpha | Cabinet | Flipkart.com]
Corsair CX V2430W ~2500/-
[your current UPS should do fine]
DeLL ST2220L ~8500/- [22" full-HD LED-backlit monitor with HDMI connector] OR DeLL IN2030M ~6500/- [20" LED-backlit matte screen monitor, with DVI-D connector]
Altec Lansing BXR 1221 ~1100/-
Microsoft LifeCam HD3000 ~1800/- Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000 Webcam | Webcam | Flipkart.com OR LOGITECH C270h ~1600/- Logitech C270h HD Webcam (with Headphone) | Webcam | Flipkart.com

AMD RIG --

AMD FX-4100 ~6500/-
ASUS M5A97 ~6400/-
[rest all same as Intel RIG]

A few reviews for the AMD FX-4100 --> AMD FX-4100 Quad Core 3.6GHz Bulldozer Processor Review - The AMD FX-4100 CPU - Legit Reviews / AMD FX-8120, AMD FX-6100 and AMD FX-4100 CPUs Review - X-bit labs / AMD FX Vs. Intel Core i3: Exploring Game Performance With Cheap GPUs : FX-4100 And Core i3-2100 Go Head-To-Head.

Hope this fits your budget, Cheerio!!

love the mobo, is there any same config amd mobo in same price range ? if not will stick with intel
also, the other things has to be compromised as I will also have to fit the UPS (have to buy new, old one he will take) and 1 TB HDD (500 aint enough)
will not be wasting money over webcam atm
waiting

love the mobo, is there any same config amd mobo in same price range ? if not will stick with intel

also, the other things has to be compromised as I will also have to fit the UPS (have to buy new, old one he will take) and 1 TB HDD (500 aint enough)

Sorry no man, there is nothing in the AMD stables that can compete with Intel at-least in the day-to-day tasks and gaming real-world performance.

The UPS, go for a APC BR650VA-IN ~2800/- as for hard-drives the prices are at an all time high so a brand new Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB will set you back by ~5000/-.

Think about the system and reply if you have any further queries, Cheerio!!

Back