Recruit
Need to purchase a mobile for DAD

Lumia 520 has better display, camera and processor

Xperia E has andriod

Please suggest

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: 10,000 INR

2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Any

3. Preferred display type?

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required , Flash would be great

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 2G, wifi

9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Calls, messaging and music

10. Any other requirements?
A: None

11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Nokia Lumia 520 or Xperia E

If its for your Dad you can consider the Lumia 520. The screen is very good and WP8 is generally a good OS for its out of the box usefulness.

I personally don't like the limited apps and many games are paid on WP8 while being free of cost on Android but I doubt your dad will require many games. The only thing the 520 lacks is a flash but then so does the Xperia E.

^^ Actually to be brutally honest, my sister preferred her old GB based Dell XCD35 to her current Lumia 620 and even my dad likes his LG Optimus better than my sisters phone but thats probably because they are already used to the Android system.

If it's for your dad, get the Lumia 520. Be warned that to pick up calls, two actions needs to be done
1. Slide up the screen once the call comes(??!)
2. Press "Answer" to pick up the call :p
The speaker volume is same for all so which means if you were listening to music(at maximum volume), the ring volume will be at maximum too unless it's reduced.

Another cell to add to the confusion, Also considering the Samsung Galaxy Young! It's the same hardware for about 2000 INR less than the Xperia E. Also, considering limited app availability, looking to stick to andriod.

I saw the Xperia E, has a great camera and good build quality , plus better battery.

The Galaxy Young has a 3.2" screen which IMO is simply too small for a proper touch screen experience. 3.5 inch (Xperia E) is also a bit small but its still noticeably bigger than a 3.2 " screen.

Thanks Brendon, but the customization of samsung of 4.1.2 JB out of the box , esp notification bar shortcut settings is quite cool. Thanks for informing about screen size, i did not notice it

Thanks Brendon, but the customization of samsung of 4.1.2 JB out of the box , esp notification bar shortcut settings is quite cool.
Customizations are aplenty in Android. Whatever customization Samsung does, the same can be achieved in Sony through 3rd party apps. So let that not be a deciding factor.

My friend just bought a Lumia 520. Having checked it a bit, I can tell you. It is the best in Budget! Performance is very snappy..
Even I am planning to save some cash by buying it!

The Galaxy Young actually has a Broadcomm Cortex A9 processor which is much better than the Cortex A5 Qualcomm in the Xperia E.

Also the Young has 768MB RAM which would come in handy. But agree that is has a 3MP FF camera and a smaller 3.27" HVGA screen. So if camera isnt a deciding factor you can consider the Young over the Xperia E.

Another option over the major brands is the huawei Y300 ~ 7.9k. It has pretty good specs for the price on offer and JB OOB.

Thank you Guys, went in for the Xperia E because of bigger screen , battery life , better camera , better sound and build quality. Compromised on RAM and maybe processor but i don't think Dad will require that.

Lumia 520 is a window phone and Xperia E is a android phone.Both have good features in it.Xperia E is good option because it has new android version and supported RAM.To find best deals of both mobile go to pricegenie.in.
why have you typed that in increasing order... its weird[DOUBLEPOST=1366098605][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you Guys, went in for the Xperia E because of bigger screen , battery life , better camera , better sound and build quality. Compromised on RAM and maybe processor but i don't think Dad will require that.

Congrats on this purchase !!
will you pls elaborate on battery life.... and does it gets heated while talking longer ??

Back