Budget 10-15K Lumia 620 or any other phone in 13k?

monty_2009

Disciple
1. Budget?
A: 13k (few 100s give or take)

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any brand with good after sales customer service.

5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera atleast with Flash.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android, WP 8

9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Calling, Music, Movies on the go.

10. Any other requirements?
A: Good Display Resolution, Long battery life, Dual sim would be better but not mandatory.

11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Micromax A116 Canvas HD, Lumia 620, Xolo Q800, Karbonn Titanium S5

I'm using Lumia 620 and I'd say it's good according to your requirements.

If you have any specific questions about 620 or WP8 you can ask. But other than that I hope you are aware about the Android Vs. WP8 things.

I'm using Lumia 620 and I'd say it's good according to your requirements.

If you have any specific questions about 620 or WP8 you can ask. But other than that I hope you are aware about the Android Vs. WP8 things.

Yes I am. btw howz the performance with that kind of hardware with win 8? did you try any games? And I heard that the phone hangs during incoming call and needs unlock key to be pressed twice in order to get rid of the hang. is it so?

Well performance is great. I must say that Android will be much laggier than WP8 on same hardware. Whereas 620 is really smooth. Never experienced any lag.

On lower budget, I guess WP8 is the choise. As manufacturers combine 512MB RAM / 1GB RAM with Jelly Bean, which doesn't meet min. requirements of the OS. That's why I see many peoples around here are getting WP8 instead of Android who are on lower budget.

This Lumia 520 and 620 are selling like hot cakes. You have to pre order to get it.

Regarding that Call thing, yes it's true and happens sometimes.

I have tried many games like Assasins Creed, Asphalt 7, NFS Hot Persuit, Mirros Edge, Temple Run etc. other than that, Fruit Slash, Angry Birds, iStunt 2, Jetpack Joyride.

Never experienced any lag while playing games, instead it's super smooth and lag free.

Other than that, the phone itself is really smooth. No lag like Android after using for a month or so.

One thing I must mention is that, the Music app shows the Songs list after 2-3 seconds once you fill up your whole SD Card. That too depends on the class. I'm using Sandisk 8GB Class 4 SD Card. And around 6GB is filled with music. And my Music Player shows the Songs list after 2-3 seconds, while going through the list categories, i.e. Albums, Playlists, Songs etc. (Only Songs gets slower, Album and all works fine.)

Well performance is great. I must say that Android will be much laggier than WP8 on same hardware. Whereas 620 is really smooth. Never experienced any lag.
On lower budget, I guess WP8 is the choise.

Regarding that Call thing, yes it's true and happens sometimes.

I have tried many games like Assasins Creed, Asphalt 7, NFS Hot Persuit, Mirros Edge, Temple Run etc. other than that, Fruit Slash, Angry Birds, iStunt 2, Jetpack Joyride.

Never experienced any lag while playing games, instead it's super smooth and lag free.

hmm and how is the battery life? I listen to music say around 3-4 hrs daily.[DOUBLEPOST=1372225182][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also note one more thing about L620. Other Lumias will get there FM Radio unlocked in Amber update but not Lumia 620.

That wont worry me :) I hardly listened to FM even on my previous fones. As I would be travelling FM reception fluctuates so I better stick with 4-500 songs collection on my fone ;)

I would suggest you add another 2-2.5K and go for Lumia 720. It has got a killer battery, better display and kickass camera. You can get it for about 15.5K if you hunt around online. I got mine for 15.8K from HS18 Superdeals about a month back.

hmm and how is the battery life? I listen to music say around 3-4 hrs daily.[DOUBLEPOST=1372225182][/DOUBLEPOST]

That wont worry me :) I hardly listened to FM even on my previous fones. As I would be travelling FM reception fluctuates so I better stick with 4-500 songs collection on my fone ;)

Battery Life is great. I also listen to music for around 2 Hours while going office and returning home.

And 30 Mins of 3G Usage, 3 Hours of WiFi usage after returning Home, slight Game play for 10-15 Mins, 1 - 1:30 Calling, continuous SMS for whole day.

And with that usage, I charge my battery every night while going to sleep.

^^ I don't think that phone has local warranty. Decent specs though.

If you want a lag free experience with a bit of music, movies and internet and you don't want a screen size bigger than 4 inches then WP8 is a very decent option and the Nokia Lumia handsets have excellent ASS in India as well as good specs.

That said WP8 is a rather poor OS if you like to try out apps and games. Of the games that krishnandu mentioned only 3 games are free - Temple Run, Fruit Slash and Jetpack Joyride. The rest are all paid games including the full angry birds series (the entire Angry birds series is free on Android). And Android has tons of more games available to satisfy any casual gamer.

However at 13k there aren't too many nice Android handsets. The Samsung Galaxy Advance is the only one that comes to mind. However if you like bigger screens then Android is your only option currently.

Back