Laptops Mac Pro Insurance

Bought my mac pro today.. but my friend showed me (many) cases of glass screen and glass trackpad cracking... i know its a bit paranoid.. but can someone tell me where can I get it insured... something like dell's accidental cover ?

My friend too have bought macbook pro from apple store and purchase some 3 year insurance cover from there only by paying some amount. Ask ur apple store that u want to extend its warranty.

Buy ACPP from Ebay.com instead. LOT cheaper and all you need to do is key in the serial number online.

I paid hardly 6.5k for my 13" Macbook Pro when it was 13k something in India.

just get apple care protection plan from ebay. i didnt get anything for mine. but i have friends who bought them from ebay.. make sure it's for your model.

also it's macbook pro, not mac pro (which is a desktop machine) :D

ACPP, which is the only warranty scheme from apple, doesn't cover accidental damages iirc. If you need it, you are looking for some "insurance" company. If you are in SG, maybe there's some company providing warranty on their own? There are several such companies in US.

Am looking for it... but will be back in India in a week or so.. so need India Specific / Global coverage.

Glass screen cracking isint usually covered under warranty...

I've never bought APCC so far, luckily nothing ever happened to my macs (*touchwood*) that required me to contact Apple Support. So it all depends on your usage pattern, if you travel a lot with your notebook and use it on-move, you have tendency of rough usage (even if little) or more than one person is using that notebook then by means go ahead and buy APCC. After all, no cost is higher when it comes to peace of mind.

As for accidental coverage, I guess your only safe bait it private insurance as APCC doesn't cover accidental damage. Frankly speaking, I didn't know about the glass cracking issue so I'm sure how widespread it is, and trust me I keep good enough track of apple/macbook related news. So IMHO I feel that you're getting little over-paranoid about the thing. It's good to be cautious, but there is a very thin line between cautious and paranoid. :)

The Mac Pro is a beast. What kinda accidental damage do you want it to go through?? Like tip-over. I doubt even that will be easy.

You could try insurance policy people as they cover accidental damage.

@Nitant: Actually... OP is talking about Macbook Pro... guess he needs to edit the title.

Although I follow your drift, in my personal experience, I've found the MBP's build quality to superb.

k.. thanks guys...

I was getting a bit paranoid... will explore insurance options in india... or can buy the ACPP within 1 yr.. will consider later ...

Anyone knows within how many days of buying the macbook pro do you have to register the warranty ? (if there is any such limit).. i bought it the day before..

lil OT .. since i have no idea about mac or mac related prices in india :

1) is this a good deal : WTS: Mini Display Port to DVI/HDMI & Mini DVI-VGA adapters - VR-Zone IT & Lifestyle Forum! (am taking miniport to dvi)

2) is 50$ case a good idea ? i mean are they cheaper in india ?

3) do i need to install any screen guards or anything else recommended ?

(m over-paranoid.. coz it seems so precious (no airvents..no speaker vents..bla bla.. .. even though i got it pretty cheap )

I Got Insurance of my 6 months Macbook air from Times Global Insurance. Just a week before few drops of water spilled over it and stopped working. Got full claim from Times Global Insurance in just 2 days.Thats cool haan. Now m gonna insure my iPhone 5s as well from Times Global Insurance company. Best part of this company is that it also consider old mobile insurance.

Back