Laptops Macbook Air - Ezone misleading about online purchase Warranty

destructor

Recruit
Hello all
I planning to buy new Macbook air 13inch 128 gig model thru amazon India portal. My concern is related to warranty of it,seller has mentioned in descrition about the standard 1 yr warranty and also confirmed via email. But when i visited ezone store in mumbai they said online purchase from amazon would not be considered as a valid purchase hence it will not be applicable for warranty and i will have to pay for repairs,part replacement and service.
Buying online saves me some thousands. Could you guys let me know, if it is advisable to go for online purchase.

This is the #1 excuse shops give to justify their higher prices. As long as your Macbook Air comes with an official Apple India warranty, you have nothing to worry about.

Do note, its always a regular store selling via Amazon, not Amazon themselves. Staples India is one such store selling the Macbook Air via Amazon.

Let's have a look at what Apple has to say about Staples from their Authorised Resellers list :

Ezone also mentioned on that page, as well as Croma. In another twist, Croma sells via Amazon too (though unsurprisingly selling it for 72,900/-).
Whats Ezone charging for the Macbook air? The MRP price of 72,900/-? Edited title to reflect Ezone's unethical practice.

Thanks for the reply. Student discount is available for 10k on store price of 73k but bill will be on the name of the student i purchase. Amazon is selling @56500 and staples is the seller.....i will buy on amazon in weeks time. Thank you

Back