Machine needed for 25k

Arya

Adept
This is for my brother. Needs mostly for work and movies. can not buy online as I am not in bangalore and he needs it assembled. So Ankit or Golccha I think.

Regarding his work, he connects to company vpn and works directly on his server, so no hefty compiling power needed.

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

CPU - Intel P4 3 Ghz (I think)

Motherboard - Intel something

GPU - Intel Onboard

RAM - Not sure

Monitor - Samsung 17" CRT

SMPS - Ordinary

In short useless...

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Nothing

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Monitor - Dell 24" HD LCD (Preferably LED, will probably stretch budget for this)

Motherboard - any compatible motherboard

CPU - Something decent

RAM - 8 Gigs. For VMs

GPU - Would prefer to have something capable to run HD movies

PSU - 450vx (I think thats best vfm)

Cabinet - I would want a case which can double up as an HTPC

Rest...Nothing special

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Not Likely. HDD maybe
Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Bangalore

Prefer to have it assembled locally.

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Work/Browsing/Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

None. Prefer dell monitors

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

Linux - Ubuntu etc

TIA :)

8GB DDRII RAM costs 10k and 8GB DDRIII RAM costs ~11-12k.

a 24" LED back light monitor costs 15k~. This alone eats up the whole of the budget.

I guess only 4GB RAM~5-6k and a 22" normal LCD~8k is only possible in your budget.

What would be the recommened budget CPU and mobo?

Lol after a long time u seem to have got time.....wats all happening ?

Best will be to get

1. CPU--- X4 630 ---- 5k

2. Mobo--- Giga 785GM US2H --- 4.4k

3. RAM 4GB DDR2 --- 5k

4. Cabbie + PSU --- 3k (some Zebby Cabbie + FSP PSU)

5. Benq 24" LCD --- 11k

6. WD 640GB Green ---2.6k

7. KB+ Mouse Logitech Combo ---550

I hope UPS and speakers u can use old ones :p

Total should come to arnd 32k and I guess u should extend your budget to that amount to get this decent rig :p

Contact me if u or ur bro needs any help in getting the stuff from SP Road :p....call me up anyways...dont have ur no lol

Supra said:
Lol after a long time u seem to have got time.....wats all happening ?

Best will be to get

1. CPU--- X4 630 ---- 5k
2. Mobo--- Giga 785GM US2H --- 4.4k
3. RAM 4GB DDR2 --- 5k
4. Cabbie + PSU --- 3k (some Zebby Cabbie + FSP PSU)
5. Benq 24" LCD --- 11k
6. WD 640GB Green ---2.6k
7. KB+ Mouse Logitech Combo ---550

I hope UPS and speakers u can use old ones :p

Total should come to arnd 32k and I guess u should extend your budget to that amount to get this decent rig :p

Contact me if u or ur bro needs any help in getting the stuff from SP Road :p....call me up anyways...dont have ur no lol

Just spend ~2k more and get the
2. Mobo--- Giga 785GMT US2H --- 5.4k
3. RAM --- Gskill 4GB DDR3 1333MHz --- 5.8k

Its a AM3 mobo with DDRIII. So future RAM upgrades will be cheaper and also processor can be upgraded after sometime if needed.

nvidia 6100 integrated motherboard (Gigabyte m61pme) with 2 RAM slots + AMD X2 240 CPU is 6k total. You could think of going for that, if it serves your needs.

We are using it on Ubuntu and works pretty well for us (after disabling the floppy drive in the BIOS - ubuntu has issues with that).

For this motherboard, the Zebronics Bijli @1.1k is good enough (and it looks cool too!). Just dont compromise on a good PSU.

silverbyte said:
nvidia 6100 integrated motherboard (Gigabyte m61pme) with 2 RAM slots + AMD X2 240 CPU is 6k total. You could think of going for that, if it serves your needs.

We are using it on Ubuntu and works pretty well for us (after disabling the floppy drive in the BIOS - ubuntu has issues with that).

For this motherboard, the Zebronics Bijli @1.1k is good enough (and it looks cool too!). Just dont compromise on a good PSU.

The rig does not become better this way as they end up sacrificing on DDR 3 memory which is pretty stupid :bleh: as well the Socket is old too so no chance of processor change later infact stuck with AM2+ in this age

Not worth it stick to any MSI or GIGABYTE 785GM chipset based motherboard :eek:hyeah:

i just brought my frnds pc at 25k ...

here is a config ...

AMD Phenom 2 X2 555 BE + Giga 785M-UD2H = 10.8k

DDR3 RAM Corsair 2 GB = 2.9k

VIP Cabby with SMPS = 1.5k

500 GB Seagate SATA = 2.2k

BenQ 22" G2220HD = 7.8k

Thanks Supra, Guys.

Sent the options to my brother. Will let you know once I go with the purchase. My bro is not a big upgrade buff. Only thing he added in past 7 years was a dvd drive. But I think the DDR3 is a good option. Will go with it.

Once again, thanks for the help :)

Back