Mako |New Python Templating Engine

Folks,

Came across this one templating. Have used django, cheetah and must say its better, not speed wise compared to cheetah but felt better in terms of usability and library packaging.

Any python folks around?

Src: welcome to Mako!

~LT

django has it's own template engine.. can you use mako with django? Or you're supposed to use mako alone with your custom code/framework. Endless python web frameworks.. :|

I do code in python for those exceptional needs, but never delivered a django website. Published a webpy based though, only for fun. And something that tracks your website and tweets you if it goes down. (on GoogleAE, with a friend) :p

A few scripts and a socket server as a wrapper around Drupal's webservices is all that I have in my python portfolio.

Gurpartap Singh said:
django has it's own template engine.. can you use mako with django? Or you're supposed to use mako alone with your custom code/framework. Endless python web frameworks.. :|

I do code in python for those exceptional needs, but never delivered a django website. Published a webpy based though, only for fun. And something that tracks your website and tweets you if it goes down. (on GoogleAE, with a friend) :p

A few scripts and a socket server as a wrapper around Drupal's webservices is all that I have in my python portfolio.

I also use django and yeah u can use mako with it. I use python everywhere when it seems C/C++ is really an overkill and I need the stuff right now.

BTW I have already replace cheetah in one of the script with mako and am loving it.

~LT

Back