Marco Simoncelli dies in Motogp crash at Sepang :(

Xavier

Adept
Marco Simoncelli succumbed to his injuries suffered in a crash at the Malaysian GP today. The crash was simply horrific as his helmet came off when Colin Edwards' bike slammed into his body. Marco was just 24 years old and was one of the most exciting riders in recent history. I still can't believe it :(

RIP Marco.

BBC Sport - Marco Simoncelli dies after crash in Sepang

EDIT : Made a typo mistake in the title. Can one of the mods please correct it?

From what I have read, he was found with a cardiac arrest when the medics reached him. From the footage, it does appear that he already had a cardiac arrest and was falling off his bike before the other 2 crashed into him. Heart wrenching to see the video but only reminds me of the perils despite having the best protective equipment. RIP

saw the accident yesterday only in a news show, it was horrific.

the way his helmet was forced out of his head by following bike, the injuries likely were killer on the spot. The way he layed still on track still hovers around my eyes.

No way any of the best medical services would have saved him, such was severity of the accident.

RIP, 24 was not an age to go back to almighty.

Terrible accident :(...actually why was he already on the ground before the other bikers crashed into him?????was he out of control due to the turn ??? The way he was falling tells there something wrong...im not into motogp... can some experts explain the situation????

Really terrible. I do not follow MotoGP but came across the news yesterday. Very very depressing. :(

Like someone posted on a different thread, Q4 2011 has witnessed the death of quite a few good folks.

RIP.

Back