Market Section - Product Pricing n Discussions [NO Price checks]

Guys's isn't this "chai pe charcha" getting a bit out of hand now?
Idk Hindi so no idea what you guys are saying, I hope it's not about my posts.

I recently upgraded from 5600x which i bought in Amazon on 10May2021 for 28k to 5900x and thinking of selling the 5600x...what would be a reasonable price to sell, any advice?

Selling brand new gpu, unboxed, un opened, for profits is allowed? Citing financial troubles?
No rule against "profits" as far as I know or people can't put up gifts for sale among other things in general, which I've seen happen.
I don't know if this falls under reselling though.

Why buy and then sell citing "finance issues"
Loophole being exploited.
Is there a rule against selling for 'a profit'? I thought there was only a rule against making profit by reselling stuff bought here in the forum itself and not in case products were bought elsewhere.

I thought there was only a rule against making profit by reselling stuff bought here in the forum itself and not in case products were bought elsewhere.

Not sure, but I think a certain well known member (mostly in marketplace) was banned for reselling. All were used products though I guess. How do you verify if it's bought from TE or outside?
Selling in bulk can raise flags but selling separately with stuff spread out is also the same?

Not sure, but I think a certain well known member (mostly in marketplace) was banned for reselling. All were used products though I guess. How do you verify if it's bought from TE or outside?
Selling in bulk can raise flags but selling separately with stuff spread out is also the same?
He was banned because he was reselling stuff bought from the forum itself. He didn't used to relist the items because otherwise he would be caught very easily. Instead he used to sell via PMs to people posting WTB threads.

Selling brand new gpu, unboxed, un opened, for profits is allowed? Citing financial troubles?
Even though his claims doesn't give satisfaction but overall he is not breaking any rule so let him try, we have may members who normally post links for potential buyers so they can compare prices. If any member still want to go with the purchase then be it.

I think its time for price suggestions thread to be reopen as the madness for GPU have shown downward tread and now we really need informed suggestions for buying/selling stuffs

Even though his claims doesn't give satisfaction but overall he is not breaking any rule so let him try, we have may members who normally post links for potential buyers so they can compare prices. If any member still want to go with the purchase then be it.

I think its time for price suggestions thread to be reopen as the madness for GPU have shown downward tread and now we really need informed suggestions for buying/selling stuffs
+1

I understand how this guy feels. I too have had some experiences like this.
Isn't this basically an "auction" without making it obvious? I don't know what exactly they agreed to but if a buyer/seller agreed to make a deal they maybe they should both stick to it. I know that it's impossible to track each transaction but it's very immature to back out of agreed deals. Will it be considered a "cancel culture" if sellers like this is prohibited from posting in the market section.
Just wondering.

I understand how this guy feels. I too have had some experiences like this.
Isn't this basically an "auction" without making it obvious? I don't know what exactly they agreed to but if a buyer/seller agreed to make a deal they maybe they should both stick to it. I know that it's impossible to track each transaction but it's very immature to back out of agreed deals. Will it be considered a "cancel culture" if sellers like this is prohibited from posting in the market section.
Just wondering.
Since they agreed to deal then seller should honor his commitment but as we know its all about money, commitment doesn't hold merit VS Money (for some people only). As per business point of view, seller didn't get token money so he can back out. In my opinion seller should have been honest with the buyer and told him clearly that he is getting better offer so would like to go with second buyer unless he agrees to match that offer. Thats a fair point and buyer would understand since they didn't exchange money

You get all types of buyers and sellers. When I recently sold my headphones, I was waiting for payment from one guy. Meanwhile, I get a message from another buyer who was willing to buy it at the same price. He said to me, why are you waiting for payment, I can pay right now, so sell it to me. Now I was willing to wait for the payment from the other guy, but I would've looked like a fool if the other guy had later backed out. You don't expect stuff like that to happen, but it has happened before when people back out later after asking to put the product on hold for them. Yes, this is a forum. But with the influx of so many new members who just care about the Marketplace, I think we should just start seeing it like eBay where anything can happen. I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing.

Back