Market Section - Product Pricing n Discussions [NO Price checks]

One matter is under investigation by chennai police. Not karamchand style here. Unless you feel cops are amateurs.
So.as it is under investigation i cant say more now.
See, I don't see any reason why you can make insinuations but not share the proofs behind the reason you are making those insinuations. You clearly know something, as you are giving indications of the same. But you don't want to share them with us. So expecting honesty out of others while yourselves not feeling the need to validate your statements seems very contradictory to me. That's all. I don't see any reason why you would be afraid to share the details with us.

Thank you. That was my only reason for posting in this thread. I don't have any issues with @chetansha with voicing his opinions as he obviously has the best interests of the forum in his heart. However, we can't be going 'witch-hunting' on the forum members without actual proofs of any wrongdoing.

No issues with raising concern only when rules are broken. Have some proof, share. We have taken action and warned / banned people for it.
Not to complicated I assume but yet people want to start discussions on x y z of sale threads when they dont seem to be breaking any rule :confused:

The whole 'only when rules broken' thing means something unethical or immoral is fine as long as it's not illegal ? Not a nice way to do things.

The cpu bought for 34k and being sold for 25.5k is absolutely fine in my opinion, since it's a sealed box pack and there's also an amazon bill provided. If someone has suspicion of illegality, then ask the buyer or file a police/cyber cell complaint, but why accuse without proof?

However, in the case of the other guy selling enterprise hardware without packaging or proof of purchase, i asked him the same, and our dear mod decided to delete the posts. note that the posts were in complete accordance with his own rules. They were a question about the specific item being sold, not a general question about that model and the seller could choose not to respond. At least anyone looking to purchase it would see the question and also that the seller is keeping mum, and can make an informed decision accordingly. However deleting the post is not very kosher. I challenge the mods to give an explanation for the deletion, however, looks like they're siding with the seller because no rules are broken.

Posts are deleted cause discussions are not allowed in market section. That is a rule LOL. If you have trouble spotting it, its rule number 7

7. The market section is intended for sales alone and not Product discussion which is to be carried out in the technical forums.

Its only if you are interested to buy a product, you can post on the thread. You have a question or want to negotiate or want more pics or screenshot of software in case of hard disk etc. , pm the seller. Seller has every right to disclose this or not disclose this on thread or pm. If you are not satisfied, dont buy.
I have said this before. We have been very patient and not handed out warnings or ban people for repeated discussion posts in market section. We just delete them.
A lot of new members have joined so we remain patient. But it is not expected from users who know how the forum works and have been here for long enough
Earlier, people would get warning points and eventually banned for this.

Sorry, how is it a 'discussion' if i'm asking the seller whether he has a bill and packaging for the very item he wants to sell?

It would be a discussion if i asked something like 'how are the read/write speeds of the xyz hdd you are selling in this thread'.

And what is this guidance to pm the seller, why not post a question openly if it's legit? Your bias is very evident there.

My point being, not doing discussions here but somewhere else since this is market section and / or directly pm the seller and get queries resolved.
You can ask seller to reply on this thread or another thread in the right section and its their choice to do or not.
We dont want a market thread to be turned to a discussion thread.

Let's wait for seller to respond

Your own guidelines state ask the seller to reply on the thread in question. So why does the asking have to be via pm if the reply would be on the thread for all to see?

And buddy, you can threaten warnings and bans, I for one would not want to even participate in a forum that encourages and condones shady trading practices. Don't turn this into another erodov...
Post automatically merged:

Also, why is this thread hidden away in general talk and not a sticky in the market section?

Karamchand! LOL!

Lets not be so hasty with throwing around suspicion and judgement.
Some people have poor impulse control. They will always price in an unexpected fashion.

Seasoned members should be light handed or risk gatekeeping.

Sorry, how is it a 'discussion' if i'm asking the seller whether he has a bill and packaging for the very item he wants to sell?

It would be a discussion if i asked something like 'how are the read/write speeds of the xyz hdd you are selling in this thread'.

And what is this guidance to pm the seller, why not post a question openly if it's legit? Your bias is very evident there.

I am with you on this one. I am guessing the problem is that some people go overboard and start asking anything they want to or even start price-policing. This increases the work for mods and hence it seems they want a blanket ban on any discussions in the thread, which, again, I don't think is the right way to go forward with this. But maybe they are fed up of people not following the decorum and hence a complete ban on discussions in the thread is an easy way out.

A person has the freedom to sell a product at any price he wants. And another person has the right to ask why he's selling so high/low, but that's all. Anything past that is almost libelous/slanderous.

Just wanted to add my point of view on the low pricing - Can it be the reason that it was just purchased to claim the GST input and depreciation for business purposes and selling it as it is not required by the buyer?

Just wanted to add my point of view on the low pricing - Can it be the reason that it was just purchased to claim the GST input and depreciation for business purposes and selling it as it is not required by the buyer?

But why all this speculation?

A seller does not have to give a reason for a high or low price.

A person has the freedom to sell a product at any price he wants. And another person has the right to ask why he's selling so high/low, but that's all. Anything past that is almost libelous/slanderous.
Yeah, but people don't usually stop at that, do they. Also, what if I as a seller don't want to discuss the pricing at all. Now, if I don't reply to such a post, I will come off as arrogant and this will drive away some of the buyers for no fault of my own.
But why do we even feel the need to discuss these things? Why can't we be agnostic and let the buyer and seller do discussions on their own. Why speculate all this without having any proofs? All this does is put undue pressure on the person we are talking about to come out and clarify all this, which, I don't think he should be pressurized to.

But why all this speculation?

A seller does not have to give a reason for a high or low price.
I think so we are in an open discussion here and I wanted to put my query forward just to the think in a way that the thing can be genuine and there can be numerous reasons for low prices so one doesn't have to worry about authentication or genuineness ok?

Yeah, but people don't usually stop at that, do they. Also, what if I as a seller don't want to discuss the pricing at all. Now, if I don't reply to such a post, I will come off as arrogant and this will drive away some of the buyers for no fault of my own. But why do we even feel the need to discuss these things? Why can't we be agnostic and let the buyer and seller do discussions on their own. Why speculate all this without having any proofs? All this does is put undue pressure on the person we are talking about to come out and clarify all this, which, I don't think he should be pressurized to.
I think so we are in an open discussion here and I wanted to put my query forward just to the think in a way that the thing can be genuine and there can be numerous reasons for low prices so one doesn't have to worry about authentication or genuineness ok?

You see. You felt the need to come and explain a reason for why this deal could be genuine. This is the undue pressure I am talking about. I seriously doubt this thread was created by the mods so that people can come and speculate and others defend a deal on it's genuineness.
So that's why I am saying that why can't we be agnostic unless we are the buyer or the seller who can easily discuss this amongst themselves.

You see. You felt the need to come and explain a reason for why this deal could be genuine. This is the undue pressure I am talking about. I seriously doubt this thread was created by the mods so that people can come and speculate and others defend a deal on it's genuineness.
So that's why I am saying that why can't we be agnostic unless we are the buyer or the seller who can easily discuss this amongst themselves.
I agree [emoji106]

Agree with most of what you said but risk what exactly?

Being banned from an internet forum for speaking the truth and expecting the same?

I was talking about another member who brought up police complaints.
One could easily conclude from his tone that he is either privy or directly involved with the 'investigation' he mentioned regarding some other south indian fellow.
Most of the people who have 1/1+ itrader rating have their addresses out there in the wild. It would be downright silly to have a thulla knocking at my door just because someone didn't appreciate the price of something I posted!

(This post is a deliberate over reaction. I hope more people rally and demand Chetan to explain the 'Tamasha'. Kiski Izzat ka falooda ho raha hai down south main? The nation wants to know! :p)

guys whats the best price for the below cases for an iphone 6/6s ? i feel the seller is asking a premium price. what do you guys think :)

thread link : https://techenclave.com/community/t...-items-added-as-and-when-i-find-stuff.193588/

iPhone 6 high-end cases:
2 numbers Ballistic Tough jacket
Red - used - condition 4.5/5.
White - unused - condition 5/5.
https://www.amazon.in/Ballistic-Tou...+iphone+6&qid=1598547675&s=electronics&sr=1-4
White - 1,800
Red - 1,500

1 - unused Ballistic urbanite glow in the dark - black green - condition 5.1 / 5, still has the static paper ;)
https://www.amazon.in/Ballistic-Six...+iphone+6&qid=1598547692&s=electronics&sr=1-1
Rs.1,200

Nice lively thread lol. Asking questions and answers should be okay in the FS section as long as it's in the realm of the rules. But definitely don't try to go off-topic. You can always use the PM route. And mods are not gods (assuming you are not atheists) and you shouldn't expect them to know everything what goes on in the buyer's/seller's minds.
And personally speaking I hate scalpers and people who trade for profit in this community in the guise of "community members." You guys might have already known some of them. This is a community not olx. And like some of you, I hate the fact that mods think that nothing can be done in this regard.

@puns This thread wonder why this guy has posted again same thread when last week itself he opened one thread claiming 12345 price tag later updating to 50k for the exact same product... I find no difference between these 2 except for monoblock thing.

Back