Market Section - Product Pricing n Discussions [NO Price checks]

@rsaeon, what is the USP of G3250. Couldn't find anything interesting online. Please educate me.

It's just a standard Haswell Pentium that runs at 3.2GHz that I needed for testing purposes. I have this faulty top-end Z97 motherboard https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z97X-UD7-TH-rev-10#ov that I'm hoping to repair and turn into an era-specific dual core gaming pc with a G3258. The G3258 is the unlocked multiplier Anniversary edition which I'm still looking for.

I remember as a pre-teen being swayed with the Intel Inside tv ads so much that even though I knew nothing about computers, I wanted one with that sticker haha. My first pc at home was a second-hand 386 in the mid 90s that electrocuted me whenever I turned it on. After that I got my first Windows 95 PC (also second-hand) with a Pentium 166MHz that I used for a couple years. I played many, many hours of Carmageddon on that machine. So I am a little sentimental about the Pentium brand. I also remember clearly when the 3GHz milestone was reached that there were celebratory custom builds across the pc modding forums like this one: https://www.mashie.org/casemods/301.html

I was on a 2GHz Northwood Pentium 4 at the time which I got at the beginning of 2002 so an upgrade in the same year was just not possible financially. 2003's best processor was the 3.2GHz Pentium 4 which I always wanted to upgrade to but never could. I ended up sticking with that 2GHz Pentium 4 until 2006 when it retired as a hackintosh.

These days I find myself allowing my younger self to live vicariously in the future by revisiting old and almost forgotten aspirations, such as owning a 3.2GHz Pentium processor like the G3250 — even if it's just for testing purposes. That was the only reason behind choosing a G3250 over the other models.

The G6400 at 4GHz is another milestone processor that I'm trying to find an excuse to build a computer around but I'm running out of use-cases. Maybe in a printing/scanning station later this year.

The price comparison was for the benefit of potential buyers, not intended for bargaining with seller.

@linkedlist can you post or message me the link? I'm interested in this now that I know it exists.

I understand that surface laptops are super expensive when configured but they're too expensive to the point where it doesn't make any sense.
For example, I recently picked up a 17 inch LG Gram with i7 11th gen, 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD for 88k. That's an amazing laptop for the price.

I'm not sure how many people are in the market specifically looking for a surface laptop. Their products aren't priced well in India. You might have better luck pricing them competitively with laptops from other companies.

I understand that surface laptops are super expensive when configured but they're too expensive to the point where it doesn't make any sense.
For example, I recently picked up a 17 inch LG Gram with i7 11th gen, 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD for 88k. That's an amazing laptop for the price.

I'm not sure how many people are in the market specifically looking for a surface laptop. Their products aren't priced well in India. You might have better luck pricing them competitively with laptops from other companies.
Even I never got the logic behind surface. If one wants to spend so that much amount on a surface better get a MAC or even HP is great!

This was originally posted in a thread where someone was selling a used Surface laptop with that config for 75k. Thread originally started at 1L so it made no sense.
Just adding some context.

Yeah, that's a pretty bad deal even at half price.
If there's an LED issue then yes bad deal at ₹4000. If they are Acro imports or purchases from primeabgb, RMA would be no issue. But if not, then have to send it to Taiwan for RMA at buyers expense. Pricing is okay-ish if it was 2-3 years ago and there were no issues (these sticks used to sell for ₹4500 each).

hey @domnicds
is there a reason why the FPS numbers are all over the place (furmark donut test pic-first pic uploaded)? usually you would expect to see numbers within 10% of the average FPS, please do inform. Its just a little concerning to see 1910 (max) along with the rest which seem fine (37-40-45). Do let the community know in case we're missing something.
thanks, have a good one

Back