Market Section - Product Pricing n Discussions [NO Price checks]

Since they agreed to deal then seller should honor his commitment but as we know its all about money, commitment doesn't hold merit VS Money (for some people only). As per business point of view, seller didn't get token money so he can back out. In my opinion seller should have been honest with the buyer and told him clearly that he is getting better offer so would like to go with second buyer unless he agrees to match that offer. Thats a fair point and buyer would understand since they didn't exchange money
I remember selling my MSI GTX 1060 6GB for 13.5k(Just bcoz I had already committed) to @Krato$ 3months ago Even after people offering upwards of 16-17k on PM. He is yet to post the feedback and does not reply to pm's anymore.
"Honesty is a big virtue not to be expected from cheap people." Even @iPwnz knows about it.

I remember selling my MSI GTX 1060 6GB for 13.5k(Just bcoz I had already committed) to @Krato$ 3months ago Even after people offering upwards of 16-17k on PM. He is yet to post the feedback and does not reply to pm's anymore.
"Honesty is a big virtue not to be expected from cheap people." Even @iPwnz knows about it.
atleast you can see yourself in mirror with pride that extra 5k couldn't make you break your commitment. A man of word

In my opinion seller should have been honest with the buyer and told him clearly that he is getting better offer so would like to go with second buyer unless he agrees to match that offer. Thats a fair point and buyer would understand since they didn't exchange money
+1
It's not that hard to at least do this much..

This way you get both - more money for your product and also don't portray yourself as an insensitive a**hole

Man...all these GST discussion is making me regret not taking my commerce class more seriously lol.

Yeah, deep inside my mind I personally thought that you were drunk when you agreed to it. I was shocked. The other guy was definitely lucky. I just hope his intention was not to resale it for a profit since he was also looking for more gpus to buy.
Yes I was drunk on honesty I suppose which I usually am, also quit my job bcoz of straight forwardness,
And yes he bought it for reselling which makes it that more hurting.

Yes I was drunk on honesty I suppose which I usually am, also quit my job bcoz of straight forwardness,
And yes he bought it for reselling which makes it that more hurting.
Damn he was a reseller eh. This is where the Exclusive Classifieds section comes in.
I was one of those guys to PM you when you created that FS thread for 15/16K lol

I'm a little late to reply to this but I wanted to say that the market section should be temporarily restricted for the seller here
Even more so because he's not a new member. He's already had 9 deals done. The deal changed from trade to sale with no price given and look at this arrogance when questioned about it.
But the thread has been locked so...

I'm a little late to reply to this but I wanted to say that the market section should be temporarily restricted for the seller here
Even more so because he's not a new member. He's already had 9 deals done. The deal changed from trade to sale with no price given and look at this arrogance when questioned about it.
But the thread has been locked so...
Moderator chimed in and the seller apologised so I guess there's no need to drag it further.

I wanted to create a interest check thread but i guess it'd only lead to possible ninja trades.

That's one weird issue. I recently was browsing the WTB section, and did directly message a few members about SSDs. Don't know now if it's against the rules or not. Then again. It's not like we could post official feedback if any deals/trades happened because of that.

That's one weird issue. I recently was browsing the WTB section, and did directly message a few members about SSDs. Don't know now if it's against the rules or not. Then again. It's not like we could post official feedback if any deals/trades happened because of that.
Wtb posts not eligible for feedback?

It's not against the rules if there's a WTB/FS thread. What they are against are deals without threads and creating threads for farming feedback. But even for the latter case they won't be able to proof anything if discussion has already happened so I have no idea how they are trying to enforce it. I guess use WhatsApp or another platform for deals/discussion like that.

It's not against the rules if there's a WTB/FS thread. What they are against are deals without threads and creating threads for farming feedback. But even for the latter case they won't be able to proof anything if discussion has already happened so I have no idea how they are trying to enforce it. I guess use WhatsApp or another platform for deals/discussion like that.
Mods can check your conversation history and find out if the deal was already finalized and the thread was posted only for feedback. In such cases there are 2 options
1. Don't create a FS/WTB thread at all and deal on your own so forum won't take any responsibility if such deal go wrong
2. Create a thread and get warned for violating rules (Ninja deals)

If we have a WTB thread then its official and interested sellers can contact and exchange feedback as well. I have a 2tb WD black drive lying around and I message if someone is looking to buy (just being too lazy to create a thread also very busy these days)

What happens for example if you create a WTB thread and I post in the thread then other people start messaging me seeing my post in WTB thread. Thats not right, if someone want to buy something then create a dam thread its free :p

I think I might have caused some confusion.

A posts a WTB thread
B replies to the thread saying they have X product
C (suppose in this case me) messages B enquiring about the product.

I don't understand what's the problem with the latter as well. We used to do it in the XDA Marketplace all the time. The threads were made to document the deal, so that there is something in the public domain if something negative was to happen later. It's not always about farming feedback and sometimes deals get done via PM because someone might have noticed someone's requirement in the discussion threads and messaged him/her. Why do we have to be so cynical all the time?

I think I might have caused some confusion.

A posts a WTB thread
B replies to the thread saying they have X product
C (suppose in this case me) messages B enquiring about the product.
C - If B gives positive reply then C should create thread and not wait for everything to be finalized (some people even initiate payment and exchange shipping details)
I don't understand what's the problem with the latter as well. We used to do it in the XDA Marketplace all the time. The threads were made to document the deal, so that there is something in the public domain if something negative was to happen later. It's not always about farming feedback and sometimes deals get done via PM because someone might have noticed someone's requirement in the discussion threads and messaged him/her. Why do we have to be so cynical all the time?
I think we should allow deals where people talk over PM and before exchanging money create a formal thread. Though I would like to know more people opinion on this

C - If B gives positive reply then C should create thread and not wait for everything to be finalized (some people even initiate payment and exchange shipping details)

I think we should allow deals where people talk over PM and before exchanging money create a formal thread. Though I would like to know more people opinion on this
Why do I need to create a thread ? I will just PM and buy it from the guy. As long as both parties are not expecting to exchange feedback and understand the risks of doing the deal without a thread, there should not be an issue. I may know and trust the guy from a past transaction.

Why do I need to create a thread ? I will just PM and buy it from the guy. As long as both parties are not expecting to exchange feedback and understand the risks of doing the deal without a thread, there should not be an issue. I may know and trust the guy from a past transaction.
Thats perfectly fine IMO since you are not exchanging feedback though mods can confirm but such practices are not in best interest of people specially for buyers if things go wrong.

Back