Married peeps, where have you set up your battlestation?

napstersquest

Thread Police
Adept
This question is for all the married peeps who have gaming PCs/Workstations for working from home.

Where and how have you set up your space?

Is it in your bedroom? Does your spouse have a problem with it?

Is it in the living room? Or have you been outcasted to the storage room?

Very nice question....not a gamer, but a loud music lover/ producer and ageing bass player...and I mostly live and work from the basement.

Wife and I have our wfh workstations + gaming setup in our 2nd room. It has kind of become a pseudo-lounge for us now.

Wifey is honestly a god-send! She is tolerant, and even supportive of my gaming habits (and my other rather pricey hobbies).

Not for this alone, but I love this woman to the moon and back!!
IMG-20210826-WA0002.jpg

I had setup a separate room for wfh/gaming/entertainment during COVID.
Loud volume during movies is not a problem anymore :)
Wife and I have our wfh workstations + gaming setup in our 2nd room. It has kind of become a pseudo-lounge for us now.

Wifey is honestly a god-send! She is tolerant, and even supportive of my gaming habits (and my other rather pricey hobbies).

View attachment 112623
Looks good, like everything you would ever need during work.

PXL_20210826_072222687.jpg Don't even remember getting few in them....some are real vintage stuff ( got very cheap used)
Seeing this thread earlier this morning, got motivated to clean up the mess.
We live in a small house and the basement is really cramped and hopefully this is the third and last headphone clean up operation ( yep, the Focal is going too)
If anyone needs headphones and lives nearby, please drop a DM ( sorry, shipping to India is very difficult from where I live, tried recently)
The basement is in such a bad shape that I'm ashamed of posting pictures.
Edit: The miniDSP doesn't work, it's fake and bought for 5 EUR just to impress others ( and a bad headphone stand)

Last edited:

View attachment 112623
Perfect!!
I am not married yet but in that phase where I have freak-outs every now and then where I realize how life's gonna change in next years.
When my gamer/wfh room would become a couples bedroom and even if most likely my would-be wife would be working in IT, I am not sure she would approve of everything I like and NEED.
And can't have a home bigger than 3BHK, and living with parents + sister means things gonna get very cramped.
Seeing your setup gives me hope that everything is gonna be great! She's a keeper for sure!!
Btw good to see the P120 ;) I have the same chair too!
In the man cave.
You mean the 'mann cave'?

Looks good, like everything you would ever need during work.
Thanks, man. We are cooped up here 5 days a week anyway, so does have almost everything - even a small massager :D

Perfect!!
I am not married yet but in that phase where I have freak-outs every now and then where I realize how life's gonna change in next years.
When my gamer/wfh room would become a couples bedroom and even if most likely my would-be wife would be working in IT, I am not sure she would approve of everything I like and NEED.
And can't have a home bigger than 3BHK, and living with parents + sister means things gonna get very cramped.
Seeing your setup gives me hope that everything is gonna be great! She's a keeper for sure!!
Btw good to see the P120 ;) I have the same chair too!
Hang in there, man. I genuinely hope things fall into place when you do get married!! It's going to be a rollercoaster, but worth every bit of it!

Love the P120, but it runs like a damned oven!! Chair's a cheap knockoff :p

You mean the 'mann cave'?
I lost the TV and the AC.
They are working on it.
LG says repair in 15 days or replacement. Panasonic says there was problem in outdoor unit PCB. He fixed it AC still not working and now there is a problem with the indoor PCB. He's sheepish and I know he spoiled it. Wants me to pay for it. Can we do something about it?

Not related to thread, but usually when replacing pcb's in ac, they would go with both instead of just one pcb to ensure compatibility. I may not be abreast if this has changed with technology but this is usually the norm

Warranty or not, the trend has been as mentioned previously. Hence, one of the reasons for higher cost for Inverter pcb. Maybe start a new thread and hope peeps here can help.

Back