Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - Discussion Thread

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
1370901325-max-tcob-poster-2.jpg

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood launches April 9 on Xbox 360 & on PC (via Steam) on April 15

Xbox One platformer Max: The Curse of Brotherhood will be released for Xbox 360 on April 9 and PC via Steam on April 15, Danish developer Press Play has announced.

"We are really proud of releasing what we believe will be one of the best-looking games on XBLA. Originally, Max: the Curse of Brotherhood was developed for Xbox 360. Late in development we couldn't turn down the opportunity to reposition the game as an Xbox One launch title. Since we shipped the Xbox One version, we have worked to make what we believe is the best possible Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game," explained creative director Mikkel Thorsted.

Armed with only a Magic Marker, Max must confront evil at every turn in a hostile and fantastical world in order to save his kid brother, Felix.

The Xbox 360 and PC versions will be priced £11.99.

Source: Videogamer

Launch Trailer:

Xbox One Review

Halfway through Chapter 2. Played about 1.5 hours. Nice game. :) But the puzzles pose no challenge at all. I'm just spontaneously solving the puzzles as I'm going on and it feels like drudgery. Only one or two puzzles so far have actually made me stop and think.

BTW, if you really want to play a 2D puzzler with an insane amount of challenge - play The Swapper. Absolutely mind-boggling puzzles and amazing art direction to boot.

Agreed! The puzzles weren't extremely difficult. I was stuck at nearly 2 points in the game, for which I had to refer to a walkthrough. Besides that, it's pretty much a cakewalk. However, this game places more emphasis on platforming, rather than puzzle solving. It encourages you to use all the available elements to carve your path, so to speak. The latter levels are quite interesting. Stick with it.

Back