MBA via Correspondence / Part time.

So, the education bandwagon is on the move again. In Q1 2010, I target to complete MCSA certification. and then move to to do MBA in IT or something related to IT. I have no clue at all about these courses. But the problem here is I have my certs upto SYBSc. from Mumbai university then in last yr lot of f'ups (lets not get there) and then I had to complete my graduation via correspondence. So keep that in mind when suggesting.

Now, I don't even know if I qualify for any of the entrance exams, which I think I don't (or do I ? ).

My total work experience is ~4 yrs and at my present job I have Saturday - Sunday offs. So accordingly I can join something that suits my timings / schedule.

this is very important for me, pls assist me with the same.

I recall talking abt this somewhere in some thread in the past, but cant recall anything. sorry for a repost. :ashamed:

Honestly mate, strike out the correspondence part, it is basically of no real value. The degree would be worth peanuts and you will hardly gain any real world knowledge.(My dad goes for recruitment from ICICI bank and this is his advice)

Full time is the best, but part-time in your case seems the only viable option. If you got a bit of cash try Symbiosis as mentioned above, I am an undergrad student at Symbiosis and the people out there put in a real effort to make sure you have an edge.

Best of Luck!!!

^ thanks for the suggestion, going 2 yrs full time now is actually not an option. however im single and i can afford to scrape thru 2 yrs. but am not keeping it on the cards right now, lots of commitments that i can't overlook and hence only open to weekend / part time / correspondence options at the moment.

OP i would not recommend MBA thru correspondence mate.Its of no use ,u will not gain any knowledge what so ever .Since u have 4 years exp try doing a fast track MBA in any evening /weekend college( if any of this kind exists in India).

Please do not do MBA for the sake of adding another degree to ur visiting card.

Well once you start working and you have like 5yrs of experience, you need an MBA degree mostly to put on your resume. Yeah, if a fresh graduate goes for correspondence MBA it is a no brainer, but a working guy with 5 yrs exp can surely go for it.

More over once you start earning the option of quitting job and going for a Full time is bit difficult unless you have saved money for your studies or you have a financially sound family who can help you for your next 2 yrs of study and expenses.

So if you can afford go for Full Time nothing beats it but if you need to earn your own degree and support your family even correspondence/part time is not bad.

^ Sorry for not specifying my location first itself.....am based in Mumbai.

@l33t_5n1p3r_max : that would had been very opt if i was located in bangalore, relocation is not even a remote option.

@Roxtin : very well said, everything so true and once again thanks for getting this thread going, i guess it was burried away.

Back