MCSA / MCSE Query

memnom

Adept
Hey Guys

Would like to request some info on Microsoft Server certifications. Well the query is simple....

Which exam should i do?

I'm currently working in Server 2003 and have a very good understanding and like to upgrade myself with a certification.

Could some one throw some light on how i should proceed with the same?

P.S Yes i have tried the net for clarifications but cant make head and tail of it...theres just so many exams :|

are you looking for more system based certification or hardware oriented ones

system based are more or less MCSE, MCSA, RHCE to name a few
Non system based CCNA, CCNP

RHCE is a total different line though..!
A mix of both MCSE and CNNA is usually a good combo..
If i'm wrong please i stand to be corrected.

Just giving these exams on basis on dumps is simply USELESS!!!! With dumps even a roadside beggar may pass this exams but when you are interviewed for a job then think about the possible consequences you may face when you can barely answer any practical scenarios put in front of you.

I wanted to pass MCSE in 2005 after doing classes but just on basis of classes and mere knowledge it makes no sense to give the exam as one may fail!! Also friends told me to read dumps and then give exam but i had some other plans.
I got job and gradually started gaining practical knowledge and then wanting to give MCSE/MCSA, I got no time and thus years passed by and so changed my jobs after jobs....
Finally, in yr 2010 I again went to some institution for crash course on MCSE but this time they suggested me to go for for MCITP server 2k8 which was new certification and so did that course as it was pretty easy for me to upgrade my knowledge as i had already polished myselves on 2k3 for last 5yrs. Then too dint got time due to job, and finally i gave my MCITP exam last year and thus now I'm a proud MCITP & MCSA certified. :yahoo:

Yup I do have to refer to last minute dumps like others do but it doesnt matter for me as I already have in-depth server technology knowledge on 2k3 n 2k8. ;)
Now based on that, I got a very good handsomely paying job after this. The interview was very tough as it continued for 1.5hrs with numerous practical scenarios. Thank God:hail:, i cracked it with 85% score. (touchwood)

So first acquire some practical knowledge and then read dumps and go crack the exams.
Else at job or interviews, be prepared to get insulted by the interviewers sayings... anybody can pass on basis of dumps...but what knowledge do you possess????:sleep: Zero!!

For 95% jobs, certifications is just a formality even if they state it in their ad, but knowledge counts first.

Just giving these exams on basis on dumps is simply USELESS!!!! With dumps even a roadside beggar may pass this exams but when you are interviewed for a job then think about the possible consequences you may face when you can barely answer any practical scenarios put in front of you.

I wanted to pass MCSE in 2005 after doing classes but just on basis of classes and mere knowledge it makes no sense to give the exam as one may fail!! Also friends told me to read dumps and then give exam but i had some other plans.
I got job and gradually started gaining practical knowledge and then wanting to give MCSE/MCSA, I got no time and thus years passed by and so changed my jobs after jobs....
Finally, in yr 2010 I again went to some institution for crash course on MCSE but this time they suggested me to go for for MCITP server 2k8 which was new certification and so did that course as it was pretty easy for me to upgrade my knowledge as i had already polished myselves on 2k3 for last 5yrs. Then too dint got time due to job, and finally i gave my MCITP exam last year and thus now I'm a proud MCITP & MCSA certified. :yahoo:

Yup I do have to refer to last minute dumps like others do but it doesnt matter for me as I already have in-depth server technology knowledge on 2k3 n 2k8. ;)
Now based on that, I got a very good handsomely paying job after this. The interview was very tough as it continued for 1.5hrs with numerous practical scenarios. Thank God:hail:, i cracked it with 85% score. (touchwood)

So first acquire some practical knowledge and then read dumps and go crack the exams.
Else at job or interviews, be prepared to get insulted by the interviewers sayings... anybody can pass on basis of dumps...but what knowledge do you possess????:sleep: Zero!!

For 95% jobs, certifications is just a formality even if they state it in their ad, but knowledge counts first.

Thanks for taking time&replying to my query...I am yet to get proper IT job,so am thinking of doing these certification..

My friends suggested me CCNA since networking is in demand,but i was thinking doing certification in excahnge server or MCSA..

When i enquired about exchange server,i am being told that MCITP knowledge is necessary...Is it so?

Considering the current scenario in IT industry what would you advice me,which of these would help me survive in this industry?

sri_k Its all bout your choice whether you want to enter in networks or in systems. I studied ccna but never thought to enter in networks coz it wasnt appealing and interesting for me atleast. I always wanted to be in systems and here i am. Yes for ms exchange you need to do mcse/sa or the new mcitp.

As for demand, everything is in demand, it depends how you grab the opportunity and make it for yourselves.

But yes people who have went beyond ccna ccnp are in great demand and so RHCE certified.

End of the day, do it for your interest rather for the job, coz in technical filed, interest retains your job and not just the bunch of certifications.

I still can do ccna and ms exchange, but then why flaunt something which you arent gonna really use it... atleast for the time being. If your current job demands it then only go for it.

I have seen people being overqualified for a job and still under paid and then crying end of the day. So stick as per the requirements.

First, start from the basics and then gradually climb the lader.

sri_k Its all bout your choice whether you want to enter in networks or in systems. I studied ccna but never thought to enter in networks coz it wasnt appealing and interesting for me atleast. I always wanted to be in systems and here i am. Yes for ms exchange you need to do mcse/sa or the new mcitp.

As for demand, everything is in demand, it depends how you grab the opportunity and make it for yourselves.

But yes people who have went beyond ccna ccnp are in great demand and so RHCE certified.

End of the day, do it for your interest rather for the job, coz in technical filed, interest retains your job and not just the bunch of certifications.

I still can do ccna and ms exchange, but then why flaunt something which you arent gonna really use it... atleast for the time being. If your current job demands it then only go for it.

I have seen people being overqualified for a job and still under paid and then crying end of the day. So stick as per the requirements.

First, start from the basics and then gradually climb the lader.

Thanks mate:)...Sorry for bugging you with my queries..Can you let me know or suggest any good institutes for mcitp training(i assume you are from mumbai)or can it be managed without any institute??

If i intend to give mcitp then server 2k8 is the path i should choose?thanks...

Back