MDComputers deals

RTX 3080 OC for 75k (50% off with coupon)

Product: https://mdcomputers.in/asus-tuf-rtx3080-o12g-gaming-lhr.html?tag=RTX-3080
Code: xtag6TWM

burus8j3ja991.jpg

Never buying from mdcomputers ever again. Biggest scalpers of India (along with vedant and a few others).

Whenever they see demand, they just jack up the prices after luring a few customers via okay-ish deals.

These two years taught me enough about which sellers you can rely on and which you can't. I would happily pay a couple thousand more rather than buying from mdcomputers.

Never buying from mdcomputers ever again. Biggest scalpers of India (along with vedant and a few others).

Whenever they see demand, they just jack up the prices after luring a few customers via okay-ish deals.

These two years taught me enough about which sellers you can rely on and which you can't. I would happily pay a couple thousand more rather than buying from mdcomputers.
Understand your anger but here is what my theory is -

1. Crypto was booming and everyone was buying GPU+Power Supplies. No one talks about SMPS but their prices got boosted up too.
2. Small players also starting building ghetto rigs with less than 6 GPU.
3. These retailers started to see this and jacked up the prices plus collected the stock, in their mindset thinking that they will jack the prices more.
4. Now this will impact the AIB and also AMD + NVIDIA.
5. Now they cannot just sell out the stock at cheaper prices because AMD and NVIDIA wont let them too, so slowly we see these flash sales and there will be more because the next gen is about to be launched and they cant pile up on the old one.

I actually missed the 6700XT for 39k and 3080 TUF 12GB for 74k. Thought that will book it in the morning next day.

38k is a pretty good deal for 6700xt....use it atleast a year or two than if u feel like jumping to next gen u can still easily sell for 25k
I think we should really not be making predictions about the resale value of GPUs two years down the line. The market right now is very unstable for that.

This is not the first time Crypto has crashed. Most likely it will come back up in a year and will lead to another frenzy for GPUs, Hard disks, or SSDs, whatever they may need this time.

Or it will stay down and the resale value will also tumble. You never know

This is not the first time Crypto has crashed. Most likely it will come back up in a year and will lead to another frenzy for GPUs, Hard disks, or SSDs, whatever they may need this time.
By that time ETH should be PoS and there's no other coin with enough market cap to sustain GPU mining. GPU mining should be for a long long time unprofitable.

By that time ETH should be PoS and there's no other coin with enough market cap to sustain GPU mining. GPU mining should be for a long long time unprofitable.
Again, I think you're trying to make predictions based on rational arguments about a market which has been fundamentally irrational. How many people predicted and prepared for the storage rush caused by Chia? On that note, whatever happened to Chia?

The fact is that there are way too many Crypto enthusiasts in the world. We cannot say what they'll come up with next. You really can't predict what will happen one year down the line. In barely 6-7 years of its existence, this is the fourth time Bitcoin has fallen over 50% from its peak, which also includes a fall of over 80% between Dec 17 to Dec 18. So it's too early to say anything.

Back