MDComputers Mega Shiksha Savings Offer - Exclusive Discounts for Students

rootyme

Adept
Just discovered that MDComputers is running an exclusive offer for students that goes by the name "Mega Shiksha Savings Offer". It appears to be a collaboration between MDComputers and Ant Esports. https://mdcomputers.in/mega-shiksha-savings-offer

On offer are two prebuilt desktop rigs which can't be customised. Both come with inbuilt unnamed Motherboard and RAM (16 GB):

1. Academics Pre-Build PC I (Black)

Specs:
CPUAMD Ryzen 7 4700S Octa Core Desktop Kit || Click Here
MOTHERBOARDIn-Built
MEMORYIn-Built 16GB GDDR6
SSDAnt Esports 690 Neo 256GB Internal SSD || Click Here
GPUPowerColor RX 550 2GB Low Profile OEM || Click Here
SMPSAnt Esports VS400L || Click Here
CHASSISAnt Esports Si11 Mini Tower Cabinet Black || Click Here
OSMicrosoft Windows 10 Home 32 Bit/64 Bit (Demo) ||

2. Academics Pre-Build PC II (Black)

Specs:
CPUAMD Ryzen 7 4700S Octa Core Desktop Kit || Click Here
MOTHERBOARDIn-Built
MEMORYIn-Built 16GB GDDR6
SSDAnt Esports 690 Neo 512GB || Click Here
GPUPowerColor RX 550 2GB Low Profile OEM || Click Here
SMPSAnt Esports VS400L || Click Here
CHASSISAnt Esports Si11 Mini Tower Cabinet Black || Click Here
OSMicrosoft Windows 10 Home 32 Bit/64 Bit (Demo) ||

The pricing of these two systems in the order listed above come down to 11,999 INR and 13,999 INR "EXCLUDING" GST respectively. Adding 18% GST bumps the price to 14,158 INR and 16,518 INR respectively. I am not sure if there are any other taxes on top of that 18% GST. The prices with GST are 7,670 INR and 7,160 INR "lower" than the actual prices of these components without any such offer.

Looks like a great deal by all means. Students can avail this offer by filling up this form.

Do let me know in replies if this post helped any student avail the offer. Thanks.

Anyone buying from md, do make sure that you make an unboxing video. Got scammed 53k by md. They sent me a broken monitor. The box was already damaged before they shipped it to me cuz the outer packaging when I got it was intact but the box had a couple heavy indents. They claimed I broke it, unfortunately I didn't make an unboxing video so RIP. Similar thing happened to another guy a couple weeks ago. He posted it on reddit.
There are similar reports of the odyssey g7 neo on r/monitors, something to do with the packaging but md didnt help me and assumed I'd broken it.

Anyone buying from md, do make sure that you make an unboxing video. Got scammed 53k by md. They sent me a broken monitor. The box was already damaged before they shipped it to me cuz the outer packaging when I got it was intact but the box had a couple heavy indents. They claimed I broke it, unfortunately I didn't make an unboxing video so RIP. Similar thing happened to another guy a couple weeks ago. He posted it on reddit.
There are similar reports of the odyssey g7 neo on r/monitors, something to do with the packaging but md didnt help me and assumed I'd broken it.
Did you buy it through a credit/debit card? You could try filing a chargeback.

Did you buy it through a credit/debit card? You could try filing a chargeback.
Very few credit card companies in India actually support chargeback in such cases where the txn is genuine & product was delivered to the customer & the dispute is entirely between seller & buyer over product quality/features/condition/warranty etc. ICICI bank in fact has given an official reply that they don't have a chargeback policy for such cases altogether. Only cc I know in India which will consider such cases for sure & even take customer's side many times is Amex (not co-branded amex cards from other banks).

Very few credit card companies in India actually support chargeback in such cases where the txn is genuine & product was delivered to the customer & the dispute is entirely between seller & buyer over product quality/features/condition/warranty etc. ICICI bank in fact has given an official reply that they don't have a chargeback policy for such cases altogether. Only cc I know in India which will consider such cases for sure & even take customer's side many times is Amex (not co-branded amex cards from other banks).
Still, for 53k, maybe it is worth a shot. @Abhijat I would also post threads on reddit/twitter/techenclave about this, if you haven't already. Even if it leads to nothing, you can at least take some sales away from them.

Looks like old stock clearance. In any case, we have our own dedicated thread for this platform -

Still, for 53k, maybe it is worth a shot. @Abhijat I would also post threads on reddit/twitter/techenclave about this, if you haven't already. Even if it leads to nothing, you can at least take some sales away from them.
Did it on reddit already, the post got quite a bit of traction but in the end I didnt have an unboxing video so gg. Also I was suspicious due to the price from the start. Price was 53k for odyssey neo g7 on md but everywhere else was 67k. Also it went OOS and price went back to 67k after I bought it. Unfortunately ordered via debit card :(.
Since then I make unboxing videos of even 50rs items
Took the loss and bought it for 67k from computech. That one arrived as expected.
Still have the damaged one(screen looks like its cracked in the middle in a straight line top to bottom under the top display layer)

I agree but if it was icici cc then zero chance of support from them. Also, it is always messy in such cases where there are no proofs because nobody knows what exactly happened.

Can I suggest one of these builds to my cousin who will use it for following stuff -
  • Coding.
  • Presentations/Docs etc.
  • Games like factorio, civ 6 etc
I was going to suggest him a laptop, but he already has ups, monitor, and peripherals.

Can I suggest one of these builds to my cousin who will use it for following stuff -
  • Coding.
  • Presentations/Docs etc.
  • Games like factorio, civ 6 etc
I was going to suggest him a laptop, but he already has ups, monitor, and peripherals.
Keep in mind the ant esports psu & ssd are of poor quality & the gddr6 ram in there is practically unreplaceable.

Back