Me too Gigafied...

Naga

Skilled
My DLink wi-fi router was giving me probs+wanted to go Giga, so just got these :eek:hyeah:

router3zj7.jpg

Linksys WRT600N Ultra RangePlus Dual-Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router - 4 Glorious Giga ports + USB for instant NAS :eek:hyeah: Gonna use my Seagate Freeagent 500GB with this!

router2me4.jpg

Does look slick, but it's gonna need wipes every other day :D

usblw2.jpg

WUSB600N Dual-Band Wifi-N USB Adapter for the one machine on 10/100 :eek:hyeah:

Okay, that was the happy part, now the lousy...Spent all day trying to hook it up and guess what? The w600N does not allow you to override the DNS provided by your ISP if using PPPoE (which in my case, being BSNL, sux :mad: ) Setting the modem on auto connect and configuring the router on a static IP fixes it but port forwarding goes for a toss :mad:

Just hope Linksys fixes this bug in a future firmware release :(

Haven't tested speeds and performance yet. Will do after my main rig is up and running :hap2:

Got 3 machines and the Mediagate 450 hooked up on LAN right now and had no probs hooking up the phones+ pmp+PSP on Wifi.

Damages:
Router for 8.9k odd
USB Dongle for 3.8k odd
Shipping extra :D

Edit: Thanx to kmd!

@ Naga - Setting IP addresses and DNS servers manually on the individual PC's fixes the DNS issue atleast temporarily, right? :ashamed:

And please do keep me posted on how your DD-WRT progress goes!

Finally, congrats! :D

Anish said:
@ Naga - Setting IP addresses and DNS servers manually on the individual PC's fixes the DNS issue atleast temporarily, right? :ashamed:

And please do keep me posted on how your DD-WRT progress goes!

Finally, congrats! :D

Yup, I've put the IPs DHCP reserved and put in the DNS manually on the individual machines and it's working fine. Will keep my other post updated with any new results.

Congrats Naga

There are tonnes of ways to get port forwarding working on even the most stubborn setups

Keep us posted if you face issues :)

Everything but the cabby and sound card is ready. Ran into some very HEAVY extra expenditure due to a knee-jerk reaction to some heavy data loss I incurred to a crashed HDD :( !

Should be up in arnd a couple of weeks as soon as kmd delivers my cabby. Wasted too much time on just deciding the cabby but that's also a story too long and too boring ;)

^^Nothing great. Don't wanna post details before I get it as many here might start posting the de-merits of the same :bleh:
I hadn't realise how limited the choices are when one's talking about HUGE spaces. The one I'm getting is a compromise to what I wanted to get :p

^^The lambo's cool but too flashy for me. I'm more into subtle effect :) The cab's gonna be very simple.

Btw, congo to ur friend :)

Back