PC Peripherals Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Bluetooth for Windows and Mac usage

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I am looking for a mechanical gaming keyboard with works with windows and mac out of the box.
Latency should be less. As I have TUF Gaming K3 and it kind off feels lagged a lot of time when playing FPS games.
now I do have a need for a keyboard which I need for mac also so thinking to get one with all these features.
Plus need an Aluminum body. The Hot-Swappable feature is a plus! and Backlight is a must!

What I am thinking of right now is as below:
1) Keychron K2 v2
2) Keychron K8

Last edited:
I wanted
I think Hello Ganss and Royal Kludge are better options than Keychron these days.
+1

I'm using RK84 and an fully satisfied with it. The problem with Bluetooth keyboards in Windows PC is that you'll have to attach a wired/2.4GHz keyboard to access BIOS (there are other ways to access BIOS but still). And in my experience, Windows doesn't play too well with Bluetooth. On the other hand Bluetooth keyboards work exceptionally well on MacOS and iPadOS.

Go for a keyboard that supports Bluetooth as well as 2.4GHz connection. Royal Kludge has many models, 100%, TKL, 60%.

Keychron K2 V2 gives you additional keycaps for MacOS, but it does not have 2.4GHz mode. If it had 2.4GHz mode, I would have gone for it. Also it doesn't have software support (if that is important to you).

RK84 had everything I needed, so I went for it. Had to wait almost 6 months for it to get back in stock but it was well worth the wait.

Today's your lucky day. I had to wait for well over 6 months for RK84 to get back in stock in my preferred configuration (Black body, Brown switches). It is available on Genesis PC right now. I purchased it back in January 22 from GenesisPC.

how is Ducky One 2 Mini Pure White RGB, any idea ?
It is 60%. I don't know much about Ducky keyboards. Do you want 80% or 60% or still undecided?

how is Ducky One 2 Mini Pure White RGB, any idea ?
Duckys were amazing about a few years ago but there is more competition in that and cheaper segments. Ducky hasn't at all kept up with its peers, having said that, you really can't go wrong picking one up.

I think I would go for Keychron. My sale threads will tell you that I have used both and my vote would be for keychron, especially since they offer hotswappable switches. I have three keychrons (K10G1, K8, K4) , two RK, two Cosmic Byte, 1 velocifire, ! TVS Gold and 1 gamesir that are all actively in use (work and home put together, I switch between about 8 desktop PCs).

As for warranty, I think we have a better chance of someone listening to us with Keychron.

As for switches, I have almost all shades. I personally prefer the reds on the Keychron K10 - they feel like I am typing on Gascharged shock absorbers. If you like the clicky shit, then the blues are unbelievably clicky and I use blues on all my home keyboards. (Yes, I have 3 PCs at home too. I just like assembling Mini and Tiny PCs from leftover and second hand components).

Today's your lucky day. I had to wait for well over 6 months for RK84 to get back in stock in my preferred configuration (Black body, Brown switches). It is available on Genesis PC right now. I purchased it back in January 22 from GenesisPC.

It is 60%. I don't know much about Ducky keyboards. Do you want 80% or 60% or still undecided?
What keys does this use? also can we get a gst bill for the same?
I think I would go for Keychron. My sale threads will tell you that I have used both and my vote would be for keychron, especially since they offer hotswappable switches. I have three keychrons (K10G1, K8, K4) , two RK, two Cosmic Byte, 1 velocifire, ! TVS Gold and 1 gamesir that are all actively in use (work and home put together, I switch between about 8 desktop PCs).

As for warranty, I think we have a better chance of someone listening to us with Keychron.

As for switches, I have almost all shades. I personally prefer the reds on the Keychron K10 - they feel like I am typing on Gascharged shock absorbers. If you like the clicky shit, then the blues are unbelievably clicky and I use blues on all my home keyboards. (Yes, I have 3 PCs at home too. I just like assembling Mini and Tiny PCs from leftover and second hand components).
what are you doing with 8 pc's everyday :p Just tell me how is the gaming experience ;)

Genesis should ideally give you a GST bill. They are pretty legit.

As for gaming, if you are using bluetooth absolutely forget it. The latency is horrible. And all these keyboards go into powersaving. So if you do not use for a while the keyboards switch off and you will need about three key presses for them to wake up. The connection after waking up is pretty seamless though.

If you want to game, then I strongly suggest you opt for the wired mode or get the RK keyboard which comes with a 2.4Ghz reciever. That will poll keystrokes definitely better than bluetooth. My white velocifire uses a 2.4ghz receiver and I find the latency to be more than acceptable for all but the frantic shooters.

But then, my gaming is pretty limited and those that I play are usually using the game controller. I however type quite a bit (easily 2000 words a day)0, and can tell you a lot about the typing experience and about the longevity. I like hammenring my keyboards and all these keyboards have lasted me without a hitch.

The oldest of the lot is the velocifire (brown keys) and it was till about 2 months ago, my default anvil and have used to every day for over 18 months without any problems. I have recently shifted to k10 (numpad). It has been only a couple of month, but I am enjoying my time with that one too.

As for the 8PCs like I said, my work demands are like that. And as a hardware nut, I cannot complain!

What keys does this use? also can we get a gst bill for the same?
Honestly I don't remember but I think I saw RK written on their keys, currently I'm OOS so can't check also. They most likely are using their own keys. The invoice is pretty basic with no GST Number or so, 5050 + 950 (tax) was mentioned on the invoice. You can call / WhatsApp the guy at GenesisPC, they are pretty friendly.

If you want to game, then I strongly suggest you opt for the wired mode or get the RK keyboard which comes with a 2.4Ghz reciever. That will poll keystrokes definitely better than bluetooth. My white velocifire uses a 2.4ghz receiver and I find the latency to be more than acceptable for all but the frantic shooters.
+1

Genesis should ideally give you a GST bill. They are pretty legit.

As for gaming, if you are using bluetooth absolutely forget it. The latency is horrible. And all these keyboards go into powersaving. So if you do not use for a while the keyboards switch off and you will need about three key presses for them to wake up. The connection after waking up is pretty seamless though.

But then, my gaming is pretty limited and those that I play are usually using the game controller. I however type quite a bit (easily 2000 words a day)0, and can tell you a lot about the typing experience and about the longevity. I like hammenring my keyboards and all these keyboards have lasted me without a hitch.

The oldest of the lot is the velocifire (brown keys) and it was till about 2 months ago, my default anvil and have used to every day for over 18 months without any problems. I have recently shifted to k10 (numpad). It has been only a couple of month, but I am enjoying my time with that one too.

As for the 8PCs like I said, my work demands are like that. And as a hardware nut, I cannot complain!
Honestly I don't remember but I think I saw RK written on their keys, currently I'm OOS so can't check also. They most likely are using their own keys. The invoice is pretty basic with no GST Number or so, 5050 + 950 (tax) was mentioned on the invoice. You can call / WhatsApp the guy at GenesisPC, they are pretty friendly.

+1
I am going to game in wired more only and the wireless mode is for MAC thing. The only thing I want to confirm is that in wire mode it's no worse than my TUF K3 mechanical keyboard. else it's a share waste of money. K3 is red switches.

I'll always go for a Royal Kludge over Keychron. I have a RK68 and its wireless dongle is a breeze to use.

People need to stop obsessing over Cherry switches. They're objectively bad compared to other options like TTC and Gateron. I'll never take a mech keyboard with cherry switches even if its given for free.

I'll always go for a Royal Kludge over Keychron. I have a RK68 and its wireless dongle is a breeze to use.
That was my most important reason to buy RK84, I just can not go into Bluetooth settings and pair/reconnect. I'm done with that shit. Nothing can beat the convenience of plug and play.

The brown switches on RK84 were a little bit scratchy when the keyboard was fresh. It got much better over time.

That was my most important reason to buy RK84, I just can not go into Bluetooth settings and pair/reconnect. I'm done with that shit. Nothing can beat the convenience of plug and play.

The brown switches on RK84 were a little bit scratchy when the keyboard was fresh. It got much better over time.
how much do the double shot caps cost? Are the stock keycaps good? also, what's with the color options, pink and greenish ones! which one do you have? which color do you have?

how much do the double shot caps cost? Are the stock keycaps good? also, what's with the color options, pink and greenish ones! which one do you have? which color do you have?
I bought Genesis PC Pudding keycaps for 2000. Double shot keycaps should cost around same price range. Pink/green? Switch options?

I know only three switch options, blue (clicky feel + sound), red (linear feel, silent) and brown (blue minus clicky sound). Watch some youtube video and you'll get a very good idea.

The stock keycaps are pretty good on RK84, they are double shot, all RGB Keyboards come with double shot keycaps. I haven't even bothered to put on Pudding caps yet (which I have already bought).

I bought Genesis PC Pudding keycaps for 2000. Double shot keycaps should cost around same price range. Pink/green? Switch options?

I know only three switch options, blue (clicky feel + sound), red (linear feel, silent) and brown (blue minus clicky sound). Watch some youtube video and you'll get a very good idea.

The stock keycaps are pretty good on RK84, they are double shot, all RGB Keyboards come with double shot keycaps. I haven't even bothered to put on Pudding caps yet (which I have already bought).
pink / green is the keyboard color :p

If you are non competitive gamer, who plays just by himself in story mode, go for Keychron or anything that fancies you. But if you are a competitive, like Valorant or CSGO type then make sure to check the RTING website for latency numbers. I almost bought the GMMK Pro, but at last moment someone mentioned that it has high latency (forgot the exact number), I am pretty sure Keychron has high latency too. No idea about RK keyboards.

Back