Mechanical vs membrane for one time buy?

farrukjavid

Disciple
I have a budget of 2000rs. Which keyboard should i get? Wireless/wired membrane or wired mechanical keyboard. Please guide a noob which things really matter.
Main criteria: Long lasting.Rgb would be beneficial.
Do mechanical keyboards under 2k have swappable keys and last longer than 500rs membrane keyboard?
Thank you

What do you want to do with it? Do you type a lot or game a lot using the keyboard? Then go for a mechanical. Even if it is a cheap one. You will thank yourself for it.

Also, remember there’s no coming out of the mechanical keyboard rabbit hole.

Do mechanical keyboards under 2k have swappable keys and last longer than 500rs membrane keyboard?
No and Yes respectively.

If you game a lot then buy Linear switch (red) from cosmic byte.
Full size: https://www.thecosmicbyte.com/cosmi...-outemu-redswitches-and-rainbow-led-blackgrey
60%: https://www.thecosmicbyte.com/gamin...outemu-red-switches-and-rainbow-led-blackgrey

Blue keys might get mushy or lose their tactile feedback if you game a lot especially these Chinese switches.

Also, remember there’s no coming out of the mechanical keyboard rabbit hole.
Yeah man, that's why i refrained myself from reading much about it and asked what will do the work .i don't game now, but I'm learning programming languages,so might type a lot. Mech keys better than membrane for programming ?
If you game a lot then buy Linear switch (red) from cosmic byte.
i don't game for now but if mechanical keys last longer than membrane, ill go with mech.Thank you

Yes. Your fingers will love mechanical keyboards. Try a few and see what you like. You seem to be in the same city I currently am in. Do let me know if you would like to try browns, reds, and blues.

If you are a heavy handed typist then only go for mechanical keyboards. If you are a light handed one however, stay away. Not everyone likes a strenuous workout session of fingers/hands, which is what the mechanical keyboards are, a hard exercise for your fingers. 2k is way too low a budget also, you will get a TVS Gold keyboard maybe, those come with Cherry knockoffs nowadays, but that could be better, because real Cherry switches are God awful, albeit durable. Any mechanical keyboard (switches) will last 5 times longer than any cheap membranes btw, if longevity is the only factor you care for.

Any mechanical keyboard (switches) will last 5 times longer than any cheap membranes btw, if longevity is the only factor you care for.
Longevity is the major factor as i already have 2 Bluetooth membrane keyboard (both k480 and 380 have sleep and sometimes don't connect again with Chromebook properly), so having 1 for home with rgb (that doesn't sleep) is what I'm looking for.

Back