Meesho and Shadowfax are scammers. Stay away

So I ordered 3 kurta sets for my daughter and 1 dhoti kurta for my nephew on 22 March. Received all the items in 4-5 days. 1 kurta set and dhoti kurta set was from a single seller and both were wrong in size and the kurta set was wrong in color as well.
I placed an exchange request on 28th March and they were picked on 29th March. After that, the tracking was only updated once on the shadowfax site that it has been received at their facility. But even this info wasn't updated on Meesho. My wife said that sometimes it takes time to update so I didn't do anything. After some days it didn't update so I tried mailing and calling Meesho but they have closed their email and Customer care number. The only way to reach them was through the app and even their they show you a message that all representatives are busy and you have to wait 10-15 minutes. No matter what time you do this, you will get the same msg. I tried waiting for 20 minutes but even then, the msg remained and nobody called.

I tried reaching shadowfax and same story. No number mentioned on their site and an email for support is also dead.

I reached out to them via FB and they said that it has been received by the seller on 4th April. I then sent a message to Meesho via FB and they said that we can't help you because it has been more than 7 days and that I should have contacted them within 7 days.

Now they are not refunding the amount or the clothes.

The amount is 661 and some of you might even ask me to forget this and move on.
But I earned that money. No matter if it's small amount or much, I want to get it back.

Also, this is is a scam on a big level. If they are robbing even 10,000 people of even 500 rupees per month, they are making 50 lacs each month. Most of the people won't even try to file a case or do something but I want to bring this to light.

Anybody here who can help me out filing a case?

I have tried NCH app before and it's as good as police. Yes, that is non existent. And that is something coming from a person who has 5 relatives in police.

Immediately file your case on https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/user/index.php and https://www.consumercomplaints.in/

Meeshos slogan sahi sahi lagao is actually customer ko sahi sahi hagao campaign..

1681928363450.png

Heard people have ordered, received wrong size or product and some didnt even received the product yet it says delivered. But for peanuts amount very less people come forward.

Last edited:
Immediately file your case on https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/user/index.php and https://www.consumercomplaints.in/

Meeshos slogan sahi sahi lagao is actually customer ko sahi sahi hagao campaign..

View attachment 166252

Heard people have ordered, received wrong size or product and some didnt even received the product yet it says delivered. But for peanuts amount very less people come forward.
That's the issue here. Most of the people don't raise concern because of less amount but if you add those up, Meesho and Shadowfax are scamming people worth of lacs every month and crores every year.

Their service wasn't bad from the start but seeing the situation today, I guess it was all to gain the trust of the customers and then start scamming them. That's what small scammers do as well.

That's the issue here. Most of the people don't raise concern because of less amount but if you add those up, Meesho and Shadowfax are scamming people worth of lacs every month and crores every year.

Their service wasn't bad from the start but seeing the situation today, I guess it was all to gain the trust of the customers and then start scamming them. That's what small scammers do as well.
True but people think other way... why fight on 1000k for a mere 100-200 bucks thing. Mentality..

Thanks for the links btw. The second link is saying that I have already registered, but I can't seem to reset the password. I guess that link is similar to NCH app, that's why it says I am registered. NCH proved useless for me in the past.

But I have registered a complaint on the first link.

I reached out to them via FB and they said that it has been received by the seller on 4th April. I then sent a message to Meesho via FB and they said that we can't help you because it has been more than 7 days and that I should have contacted them within 7 days.
That is unacceptable
The amount is 661 and some of you might even ask me to forget this and move on.
But I earned that money. No matter if it's small amount or much, I want to get it back.
Go ahead, it will take time though
Also, this is is a scam on a big level. If they are robbing even 10,000 people of even 500 rupees per month, they are making 50 lacs each month. Most of the people won't even try to file a case or do something but I want to bring this to light.
Yep, simple as that. Money for nothing and chicks for free
They've burned through their initial funding, have not got more and now need to fly on their own

Last edited:
Nah man. Don't even have a CC
Get a free CC (no annual charges/waived if annual spending is more than X).
Use that to pay for everything online.
Remember the whole point of buying something online without the ability to inspect it in person is that you have buyer protection in case things go wrong, not just the convenience of ordering from home. When you pay with YOUR money directly (UPI, bank transfer, debit card) you are giving up this protection. Getting your money back in this case would require investigation and proof that they defrauded you. With CC however, the onus is on the seller to prove products were delivered.

PS: Since you're new to CCs, use it to buy stuff only if you already have the money to pay - don't treat it as an instant loan/EMI option. The interest rates are atrocious.

My sister runs a clothing store that deals usually in wholesale for mere margins of 20-59 bucks but in volumes and she tried to sell on meesho and her experience with customers and meesho in general has been a nightmare. Each item we send is recorded via video and when somebody returns an item we also record the video.

So many customers returned random clothes torn apart and totally different from the products we sent. Meesho initially refunded for 15-20 orders and then said return rates are very high and stopped refunding.

We showed them all the video proofs that we weren't at fault but there is no response from them. Refund of almost 30 orders we never recieved from them.

This killed thr possibilities of every going online and selling stuff for my sister. She's like I'd rather get 20-50 bucks instead of loosing 800-1000 per order for mere 100-200 profit.

They've burned through their initial funding, have not got more and now need to fly on their own
True. They were good in the beginning. But now they have gone downhill.

I got a 5k chair from them, it took me weeks to get a refund. Not worth the hassle. Avoid in future.
Realised it after this experience. Previous experiences have been good. Last I bought something from them was last year during summer and after that, only this time.

Money for nothing and chicks for free
What does it mean? :p Never heard this reference.
Get a free CC (no annual charges/waived if annual spending is more than X).
Use that to pay for everything online.
Remember the whole point of buying something online without the ability to inspect it in person is that you have buyer protection in case things go wrong, not just the convenience of ordering from home. When you pay with YOUR money directly (UPI, bank transfer, debit card) you are giving up this protection. Getting your money back in this case would require investigation and proof that they defrauded you. With CC however, the onus is on the seller to prove products were delivered.

PS: Since you're new to CCs, use it to buy stuff only if you already have the money to pay - don't treat it as an instant loan/EMI option. The interest rates are atrocious.
True. I don't have experience with CCs. Few years ago, I didn't have enough salary to get one and when I did, I was already married and we both decided not to get one. Was saving money for something big and have seen people spend money that they didn't have and then getting in debt so always preferred not to take one.
Might get one after that big goal is achieved. Hoping to get it completed within next 6 months
My sister runs a clothing store that deals usually in wholesale for mere margins of 20-59 bucks but in volumes and she tried to sell on meesho and her experience with customers and meesho in general has been a nightmare. Each item we send is recorded via video and when somebody returns an item we also record the video.

So many customers returned random clothes torn apart and totally different from the products we sent. Meesho initially refunded for 15-20 orders and then said return rates are very high and stopped refunding.

We showed them all the video proofs that we weren't at fault but there is no response from them. Refund of almost 30 orders we never recieved from them.

This killed thr possibilities of every going online and selling stuff for my sister. She's like I'd rather get 20-50 bucks instead of loosing 800-1000 per order for mere 100-200 profit.
That's true. Have heard similar stories from others. If you check their Facebook page and Shadowfax page as well, you will see others with similar stories.

Last edited:

This is why business change their methods and I can't blame them, they are doing business not charity. Did she try other sites like myntra?

This is why business change their methods and I can't blame them, they are doing business not charity. Did she try other sites like myntra?
No she did not. To be honest they have so much volume based business that she doesn't really find much time now. This meesho thing got set up during multiple covid lockdown as shops were shut and she had enough time. Now she has had such a bad experience that she isn't willing to try and neither does she find enough time.

You won't believe a friend of mine from rajasthan was working in Chennai and took home sarees for 1/4th the price of what major silk houses were selling them for. Even the women of their house were shocked with the price.

This wholessle to retail literally upscale the margin anywhere from ~100% to ~200%.

No she did not. To be honest they have so much volume based business that she doesn't really find much time now. This meesho thing got set up during multiple covid lockdown as shops were shut and she had enough time. Now she has had such a bad experience that she isn't willing to try and neither does she find enough time.

You won't believe a friend of mine from rajasthan was working in Chennai and took home sarees for 1/4th the price of what major silk houses were selling them for. Even the women of their house were shocked with the price.

This wholessle to retail literally upscale the margin anywhere from ~100% to ~200%.
I believe you. The margins % is more than 400% in food industry and also bluetooth speakers. This is why everyone wants to get into it.

I believe you. The margins % is more than 400% in food industry and also bluetooth speakers. This is why everyone wants to get into it.
Yeah but even the consumer is an idiot to be honest. You know many a times when we tell the actual rate they feel shocked and feel it is somewhat of a cheaper product than what the retail houses are selling. When I was free I used to spend time at their shop and you won't believe how easy it was to sell the product to a person with a rate that is 10-15 % cheaper than retail rates. If we tell them it's at a 60-70% discount immediately they think it's a fake or a copy

Yeah but even the consumer is an idiot to be honest. You know many a times when we tell the actual rate they feel shocked and feel it is somewhat of a cheaper product than what the retail houses are selling. When I was free I used to spend time at their shop and you won't believe how easy it was to sell the product to a person with a rate that is 10-15 % cheaper than retail rates. If we tell them it's at a 60-70% discount immediately they think it's a fake or a copy
I believe this too :)

have orderex a case and 2x tempered from meesho , worth 380.
should i be worried?
sellers seem to have 1k amd 4k ratings respectively .
this looks like indian version of aliexpress tbh.

have orderex a case and 2x tempered from meesho , worth 380.
should i be worried?
sellers seem to have 1k amd 4k ratings respectively .
this looks like indian version of aliexpress tbh.
Not every seller is rogue there and not everytime they try to dupe the customer. But sometimes when they don't have the item in stock, instead of cancelling the order, they send an alternate item which might be okay or simply useless. Same goes for shadowfax guys. Not all are rogue. Some would genuinely go out of the way to deliver stuff on time.

Back