Memoirs of Lammy!

Vandal

Skilled
Went to lamington this weekend after finally getting enough time off to enjoy 3 days with my cousins in Andheri

As udit would say let the pics...;)

All my HDDs pose for a shot. You'll guess this boy is a serious WD fan.

btw only the 2 500 giggers are new...

Here's a gist of the other stuff:

The cruzer (looks better in the flesh assuredly) -

Here's the real beauty of the lot...finally after advice from the ever helpful chaos, Thermalright's ultra 120 in da houss :p

Finally the power source, I decided to go nuclear. The matte finish is excellent and the overall quality seems very good. great cables bundled too...and look ma I'm modular. Corsair's HX620W

I'll quote prices a bit later :)

^^ bikey those are 2 x WD2500KS, 1x WD2500JS (used as a portable drive mainly), and the ones with black spots :p on them are the WD5000AAKS drives. So that's around 1.75TB...

I think you are expecting come 'congo' Vandy Singh.:bleh:

Yeah- nice stuff though- Congrats.:thumb:

And please list out the WDs in the pic- i can't figure out which one is what.:cool2:

Went to lamington this weekend after finally getting enough time off to enjoy 3 days with my cousins in Andheri

As udit would say let the pics...;)

All my HDDs pose for a shot. You'll guess this boy is a serious WD fan.

btw only the 2 500 giggers are new...

Here's a gist of the other stuff:

The cruzer (looks better in the flesh assuredly) -

Here's the real beauty of the lot...finally after advice from the ever helpful chaos, Thermalright's ultra 120 in da houss :p

Finally the power source, I decided to go nuclear. The matte finish is excellent and the overall quality seems very good. great cables bundled too...and look ma I'm modular. Corsair's HX620W

I'll quote prices a bit later :)
^^ bikey those are 2 x WD2500KS, 1x WD2500JS (used as a portable drive mainly), and the ones with black spots :p on them are the WD5000AAKS drives. So that's around 1.75TB...

Note to mods - I couldn't edit the post. Pics converted to JPEG, so they'll be more viewable. Could you overwrite the earlier post with this one and remove this part please. Thanks :)

^^"Dude" if you'll read the post I said I'll post prices a bit later. why not wait a bit...:)

A few prices that I can give now -
the TR u120 - 2650+4%
Cruzer 2 GB - 800/-
Corsair hx620w - 7200~7300

I'm not sure about the corsair as I didn't check the bill. The WD's I have no idea, I was quoted 6,500, but I got a discount after taking two (I presume). Will check the receipts and post.

gaganjain said:
Congrats
gr8 more power in ur system with Corsair hx620w

yep that's what I figured. Also the 5 yr local warranty was too good to pass up, and the finish on this PSU is just awesome. I never liked piano finishes anyways :p

@ ank1t I was undecided when i reached gulbir's shop. All it took was a single look @ the ultra 120 and I was hooked..

the hard drives were 7,500 apiece. I wrangled 7,300 since I took two. Tried for 12.5K total, didn't get. Incidentally there was another guy there who bought AS5 and was enquiring about the ultra 120. A skinny guy with specs....anyone from TE mumbai. I ask cause he seemed a little cluey, and most of you guys know each other personally???

Another 2 idiots wanted to know how much backup the hx620w would give me :rofl: evidently they thought it was a UPS.

^^^ From the link

Ji,

I ll be staying at Vairo Village apts from Aug 15th.Before that i ll be buying a laptop.

It would be really helpful if the seniors can point out any specifications in the laptop i have to look out for that ll be suitable to vairo village etc...

Thanks

YYYYYY

Actually I do have some specifications. Please make sure the screen is not more than 30" wide so that you can make sure that the laptop will fit through the doors in your apartment at vairo village when you carry it from the hall to your bedroom. Doorways in Vairo are seldom more than 30" inches wide.

LOL.....:rofl:

Another 2 idiots wanted to know how much backup the hx620w would give me evidently they thought it was a UPS.

Here at TE only some one wanted to kno whether the HX620 will be enough to cool the 8800GTX :bleh:

Congrats mate! Cool purchase :hap2:

vandal said:
the hard drives were 7,500 apiece. I wrangled 7,300 since I took two. Tried for 12.5K total, didn't get.

Is this a typo? Did you mean to write 6500 and 6300 (instead of 7500 and 7300)
respectively?

I mentioned the HDD price deepak "I wrangled" 6300 from gulbir if you recall. So that was 12600 for both 500 giggers.

Deepak @ love at first sight (sigh) its happened to me so many times before, thankfully this one can't leave me...I get to do the dumping!!!

AS5 was for 400 bucks.

Still wanna know who mr. 4 eyes was, and was this dude from TE? Maybe some of our guys will read the earlier post and put a name to the description.

Another guy wanted a zalman cooler, kept saying TR is crap, and he wanted copper :p guess I must be silly uh...In fact what annoyed the feck outta me was I had my ultra 120 in hand when he kept repeating it...If it weren't for my beloved meenal (eazy :p ) I woulda been tempted to take a swing @ the guy.

Although the other stuff is unused I did use the cruzer @ office, even though I find the U3 a little irritating (mainly because I have no use for it as a feature) the drive itself seems quite fast.

I also bought a couple of MX spike guards from Soni enterprises, one a 5 socket, the other 6 socket. Cost me 400 and 500 bucks eventually after a 5 min bargain period.

^^ So sorry, yes a typo AMD4life and thanks for pointing that out

Back