CPU/Mobo Memory running slow in Bios of GA-B85M-D3H

The Knight

Knight is coming
Adept
I am using B85M-D3H for last 1 month with Intel G3220 Pentium CPU. Earlier I have 2GB of Kingston Ram which runs at 1333Mhz. I bought 4GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz today and after installing I have seen that the Memory stick is running at 1400Mhz by default. I cant enable his full speed. What to do now? I have interchanged the stick in all slots but results are same.

index.php

RAM support my mobo as for Kingston Website.

SPEC- Intel G3220| Gigabyte B85M-D3H | MSI GTX-750Ti Gaming | Kingston HyperX 1866MHz

And you can/ may achieve the high speeds via overclocking. The same case is with my setup as well. On stock, any ram runs @ default 1333mhz and only on overclock they jump to 1600mhz which is max supportive by my mobo.

How to overclock? I cant find XMP also. Memory running at 1400MHz
And you can/ may achieve the high speeds via overclocking. The same case is with my setup as well. On stock, any ram runs @ default 1333mhz and only on overclock they jump to 1600mhz which is max supportive by my mobo.

How to overclock? I cant find XMP also. Memory running at 1400MHz
If you havent tried overclocking ever then you need to learn some min. basics on it. As doing it improperly may render your system useless a.k.a frying your system.
But first consult your mobo manufacturer if this is the case with your mobo and only then think of overclocking.

As in my case I had to fiddle with whole of my proccy/mobo and rams as well ---NB, rams volt and raising the cpu multiplier etc.etc.. Its a trial and error method though unless you zero down to one/few specific settings. I only succeeded @ 3.5ghz & 3.7Ghz but beyond and prior to that my system simply refused to boot or go past the bios screen.
One needs to be very very patient in overclocking.

Anyway, lessons for later but first confirm from your mobo manufacturer.

Last edited:
I have onced overclocked my 2500K at 2011, after that I sold my entire setup and went for a laptop. Now am back with new desktop. I just wanted to overclock my RAM for atleast 1600MHz. Nothing more and nothing less.

He's talking about AMD systems where you overclock the HTT and the linked mem clocks increase too. Not possible on your setup.

Your BIOS should have a tab called MIT with Advanced Memory Settings. There's a 'System Memory Multiplier' that might help, but I have a feeling your mem controller maxes out at 1333. Not a big deal, since you would not really notice the difference. Your sticks are probably running at better timings at 1333 anyway.

Thats it!! What else you want?? Enjoy. I hope you havent fiddled with more complex settings having no good knowledge else you may face frequent bsods and freezings. Run some stability test to make sure it has been done perfect.

Still 1400mhz seems diff. to me. Have you fiddled with memory clock directly?

Thats it!! What else you want?? Enjoy. I hope you havent fiddled with more complex settings having no good knowledge else you may face frequent bsods and freezings. Run some stability test to make sure it has been done perfect.

Still 1400mhz seems diff. to me. Have you fiddled with memory clock directly?
I plugged the ram and its showing 14 multiplier which is 1400Mhz. in BIOS.

What are you using to check mem speeds? 1400Mhz is a very unusual value.
In Bios.

are you using the "Kingston Ram which runs at 1333Mhz." along with the new " Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz" ?

CPUZ shows 8192 MB.

my hunch is 1866 Mhz ram modules is just too much to handle for the cpu and there's also 1333 Mhz memory module. Acc to the spd tab of fury does not have any 667 Mhz mode. So the bios is trying it's best to match the speeds of memory modules and the cpus memory controller. This is the reason there's a little odd memory speed of 1400 Mhz.

Back