Memtest 3.2 released - Can be run from within Windows !!

already downloaded it yesterday and made a boot cd. ran on my pc and well now i know that its my ram that is no more.

undertaker said:
Goldmemory is best.

Just went to Goldmemory home page

Goldmemory = shareware - 30 days test period - cost $29

Memtest = FREEWARE - unlimited usage

NO CONTEST :bleh:

undertaker said:
The shareware version of gold memory is far better than memtest or memtest86+.

Of course it must be .... but ... $29 :(

I did not see a FREE version at their site - is there a free version too ? and does it run under windows ?

By the way this MEMTEST also has a DELUXE and a Pro pay versions too. These have a few additional features.

Eazy said:
Of course it must be .... but ... $29 :(

I did not see a FREE version at their site - is there a free version too ? and does it run under windows ?

By the way this MEMTEST also has a DELUXE and a Pro pay versions too. These have a few additional features.
A memtest is not gonna be of any use if it runs under windows.
The shareware version is good enough and better than all other "free" stuff.
It doesnt have 8 and 16-bit tests but they are an overkill coz everything is 32-bit these days,not to mention that they require 8 hours compared to 1 hour required in shareware or 32-bit test. :)

undertaker said:
A memtest is not gonna be of any use if it runs under windows.
The shareware version is good enough and better than all other "free" stuff.
It doesnt have 8 and 16-bit tests but they are an overkill coz everything is 32-bit these days,not to mention that they require 8 hours compared to 1 hour required in shareware or 32-bit test. :)

FYI The forum where I picked up this link had a post by a person known to be knowledgeable (I think you are too :tongue: ) and he had this to say.

The windows version is much more sensitive to errors than the floppy one,it will detect errors much faster.

"Both On-Track Data Advisor and PC Doctor failed on the first module tested, leaving WhatMem, MemTest and GoldMemory in the running. On the second module, WhatMem failed to detect any errors and was eliminated. To my surprise, the Windows based MemTest correctly identified the next two modules as defective before getting disqualified on the fifth module. I would have assumed a Windows based diagnostic would be the least likely to identify most memory errors. In the end, however only GoldMemory remained, as it correctly diagnosed all nine modules as defective, making it finalist number 6."
Granted memtest may be better than others but still gold memory is best. :clap:

I ran it for about 12 hours with all programs closed only system running,when i started it,it prompted me to run 2 memtest.exe's with 861 in each one of them,& after 12 hours & first day with the new extra 2x512 i got 0 errors with 2235.0 Coverage on each memtest.exe.

Back