Monitors Menu buttons stopped working on LCD monitor

6pack

ex-Mod
All of a sudden today i noticed that all the menu buttons on my viewsonic 2025wm monitor stopped working.

I noticed something wrong when i first tried switching on my monitor to shutdown my comp in morning. I thought it might be a bad power cord, so switched cords of comp and monitor.
Both switched on normally and then i noticed that the osd of the monitor was having a mind of its own.

The volume would go down from 100 to 0 and it would stay there for around 10-15 mins. None of the menu buttons on the monitor seem to work during this time. :mad:

After the osd disappears at irregular intervals, it reappears again at 0 volume in fraction of second and stays like that. I tried to switch off the monitor but it wont switch off. Once it switched off and wont switch back on. After switching off and resuming power supply it came on and the volume thing started again. :S

any solution to this weird problem? I got it in feb 2007, and saw on viewsonic site that the lcd monitors bought after july 2005 have 3 years warranty.

Should i rma this? I dont think i'll get similar quality panel now :(
What should i do?

6pack said:
All of a sudden today i noticed that all the menu buttons on my viewsonic 2025wm monitor stopped working.

I noticed something wrong when i first tried switching on my monitor to shutdown my comp in morning. I thought it might be a bad power cord, so switched cords of comp and monitor.
Both switched on normally and then i noticed that the osd of the monitor was having a mind of its own.

The volume would go down from 100 to 0 and it would stay there for around 10-15 mins. None of the menu buttons on the monitor seem to work during this time. :mad:

After the osd disappears at irregular intervals, it reappears again at 0 volume in fraction of second and stays like that. I tried to switch off the monitor but it wont switch off. Once it switched off and wont switch back on. After switching off and resuming power supply it came on and the volume thing started again. :S

any solution to this weird problem? I got it in feb 2007, and saw on viewsonic site that the lcd monitors bought after july 2005 have 3 years warranty.

Should i rma this? I dont think i'll get similar quality panel now :(
What should i do?

If you want those buttons working, you'll have to get it RMA'd.
Forget about the quality of the new/refurbished panel.

Or you can void your warranty by getting it checked by a local technician.

Just my 2cents.

Back