Mi 11 Ultra at 70K

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
The Mi 11 Ultra 12GB + 256GB version will cost 70K on Amazon India. Although the release date was announced to be 23rd April, it still shows as "Coming Soon".
1619497041036.png

So, how does the pricing look? Most people consider the Mi 11 Ultra as a direct competitor with the Galaxy S21 Ultra and the iPhone. So a great price point compared with those two phones.
For those who are not aware, the Mi 11 Ultra comes with Isocell GN2 sensor, which is the largest mobile phone camera sensor as on date. Low light performance should be great. However, initial reviews point out that the camera software still lacks optimization, and needs improvement. Hardware-wise, it is as good as it comes.
What's your opinion? Will you buy one on launch?

Complete specs here: https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_11_ultra-10737.php

With miui and ads I don't think it will sell at that price . This is coming from a person who had an mi5 . Excellent phone , screen , dac , camera with ois etc . Let down by miui . Ads and lack of updates . I don't care if they keep updating miui .. but what's the point of android version remains the same and so does the security patch .
Xiaomi must commit to regular android version and security patch updates. Else the price point of less than 20k suits these phones best .
Just my 2 cents .

@ankushv Valid points. Although Xiaomi promises two major OS updates to its phones, I have not had any Mi phones in the past, so I cannot comment as to how soon these updates are delivered. Considering that the Ultra would be the top-end phone in their line-up, I'm sure it'll be the first to get it though. Regarding the ads, again they are a major nuisance, but I have read here on TE that the ads can be easily removed with a few changes in the settings.

I feel at this price, the brand value matters on par or even above the features. Even if they had completely identical phone to S21 Ultra or 12 Pro Max, the latter would still be preferred over the former.

Also, side note, how many of you agree spending this much money on a camera? Assuming that is the biggest USP of the product and without it, the phone is on par with a Mi 11 Pro that costs Rs. 40K, does it seem that rationally, very few people would invest over 10K in a camera if it were a separate gadget, but only because it is in a smarphone, we've invested excessively in cameras without adjudging the actual need for it.

The main USP of this phone is camera but the reviews have shown that it isn't a clear cut winner when compared to the Oneplus or Samsung flagships.

On the other hand, Mi 11x pro seems like the real deal at 39k. Much cheaper, equally faster, slimmer and lighter.

very few people would invest over 10K in a camera if it were a separate gadget
I'm sure quite a few would disagree. Unfortunately, the compact P&S camera sector has not had major improvements in the past few years, mainly due to the market being biased towards smartphones with cameras rather than a separate P&S. And most decent smartphones justify this trend. They have decent sensors, a good software algorithm, and instant shareability. For a compact P&S that shoots great pictures that cannot be matched by smartphones, you need to look at the likes of RX100 from Sony, which costs upwards of 30K (the latest version MkVII costs almost a lakh). However, your point is valid too. The camera on Mi 11 Ultra commands a 30K premium over the Pro variant. That 30K can be used to buy an entry level DSLR too for the serious user, at the cost of convenience.
I feel at this price, the brand value matters on par or even above the features.
Brand value is over-rated. End of the day, there are disgruntled users with every brand device owner. As long as you get value for money, and good service, I don't think brand value adds much.

The main USP of this phone is camera but the reviews have shown that it isn't a clear cut winner when compared to the Oneplus or Samsung flagships.
Yup. Xiaomi needs to work on the software.

wait.. is there an MI buying crowd at this price range ??
:p

One of the best phones in this price range, Period. Would definitely have gone for this if I was willing to spend this much on a phone. Stellar cameras based on all reviews I have seen, one of the best if not the best. Even c4etech was raving about this camera and afaik he is openly critical of xiaomi and samsung phones

I was expecting this to be around 1L given the specs etc. is this some lower end model or introductory pricing?

I would not even touch a Xiaomi phone that costs more than 25k (strictly personal opinion). Hate that MIUI and level of junk that is put on, ads, extremely slow updates.

But, for those who do not care about how the OS looks and works, this phone is very good for 70k, especially if they are looking for very good camera phone.

I would not even touch a Xiaomi phone that costs more than 25k (strictly personal opinion). Hate that MIUI and level of junk that is put on, ads, extremely slow updates.

But, for those who do not care about how the OS looks and works, this phone is very good for 70k, especially if they are looking for very good camera phone.
70k is a lot of money. Just a few years back a proper flagship was around 30k. Let's not call these phones VFM just because it has become the norm to sell similar phones for 100-120k.

This won't be co.parable to the likes of iPhone or Samsung flagship phones, however can be serious contender to OnePlus 9 pro
Isn't the 9 Pro a bit cheaper? Although I hate what OnePlus has become now, their software is far better than Xiaomi it is far better to use over any phone by Xiaomi.

Tell me guys, who all among you will buy this phone when at the same price you can buy Samsung Galaxy series or an iPhone.

idk know abt how good the camera etc is but the question is should everyone have a fancy camera phone ? damn all the time most of idiots share those flower pics and night photographs which i guess doesnt add value
Tell me guys, who all among you will buy this phone when at the same price you can buy Samsung Galaxy series or an iPhone.
i might buy the phone if camera directly provides quality pics of solar system from phone :)

Is there any reason to avoid the Mi series, other than the MIUI or ads? Because hardware-wise, the Mi phones are equally well built. My colleague still uses the 1st Gen Mi Note that was launched in 2014 without any issues, as his daily driver.

While it's too early to say what are they offering for the price, in my opinion, anything more than 35-40k is waste of money for android phones. If camera is their USP, I would rather go for DSLR.
Also the rate at which they give updates is questionable, but then they didn't make flagship until now.
If I really want to have this one, I will wait for a 8-10 months, let its value fall by 50-60% and then go for it. 70k is asking too much for this brand.

Back