Budget 10-15K Mi 11x vs Poco X3 Pro or sth else for less than ₹17k.

xkcd0137

Adept
Hey all, I have a 3 year old Poco F1 and it urgently needs a battery change. From my past experience, repairing a phone has never given desired results so I am a bit apprehensive to do the same.

Hence, I am looking to buy a new phone having Snapdragon SoC coz Lineage OS is a must for me and Dimensity SoC doesn't have any custom rom support. I have shortlisted following options -

Mi 11x: ₹28k - ₹9k exchange poco f1 - ₹1.75k 10% hdfc discount = ₹17.35k approx

+ Amoled display
+ Better build quality
+ Faster and efficient processor
+ Better battery life
+ Lighter and slimmer
+ Better cameras? (I don't click many photos though)
+ Convenient exchange on Amazon (i can even exchange a cracked Note 5 Pro for ₹8050 after getting it repaired for 1000 bucks maybe)

- no sd card (I can forego this requirement ig)
- no headphone jack (but not an issue as I have switched to bluetooth headphones since Tin T2's cable died)

Poco X3 Pro: ₹19000 - ₹8500 sell poco f1 -₹1750 icici discount = ₹8750

+ Cheaper
+ Sd card

- very heavy
- thicker
- too big to handle
- lcd display
- lesser battery backup than 11X
- sell phone myself

I am preferring Mi 11X atm after watching TechTablet's comparison video linked below. Another thing is that X3 Pro seems like an evolution of Poco F1 in every aspect, but doesn't wow in any way.

So is 11X the best option in my budget atm? Kindly suggest some other smartphone if I have missed by chance. Thanks.

Last edited:
If LOS is priority then I think 11x is the way to go for the budget mentioned and you having no issues with it's cons.
Samsung would have been another option with SD SoC but I don't know how well Samsung plays with custom roms.
For custom roms, 1+, Google, Xiaomi and her babies are preferred choice over other brands offering SD SoC.
Pretty wierd that there is no Poco phone which has amoled screen.

Samsung would have been another option with SD SoC but I don't know how well Samsung plays with custom roms.
For custom roms, 1+, Google, Xiaomi and her babies are preferred choice over other brands offering SD SoC.
No Samsung phone will give same performance as 11x or even poco x3 pro at same price except f62 but it has exynos.

I have my eye on Mi 11x too and i also have Poco F1 but i am getting 10k in exchange. I think Mi 11x is a much better option between these two.
Ohh.. seems like it wasn't updated when sale started at night.

If LOS is priority then I think 11x is the way to go for the budget mentioned and you having no issues with it's cons.
Okay.
Samsung and Oneplus's offerings are bit expensive afaik. Any suggestions?
Mi 11x is a Poco F3 afterall. :p

Samsung and Oneplus's offerings are bit expensive afaik. Any suggestions
Samsung M51 comes to my mind near the price range. But honestly, I am the wrong person when it comes to Samsung. I don't use Samsung phones(just don't like it).
OnePlus is down the hill, atm. I would, anyday, recommend Xiaomi over 1+ given their offerings are not too enticing. If build quality, camera not an issue then Nord would seem a better proposition.
Mi 11x is a Poco F3 afterall.
Their naming convention is one headache man!!
No Samsung phone will give same performance as 11x or even poco x3 pro at same price except f62 but it has exynos.
I meant experience with custom rom wise.

Last edited:
Samsung M51 comes to my mind near the price range. But honestly, I am the wrong person when it comes to Samsung. I don't use Samsung phones(just don't like it).
OnePlus is down the hill, atm. I would, anyday, recommend Xiaomi over 1+ given their offerings are not too enticing. If build quality, camera not an issue then Nord would seem a better proposition.

Their naming convention is one headache man!!
M51 has sd 730g which is inferior to both poco x3's sd 860 and mi 11x's sd 870. But samsung updates their phones more. One plus is surely going down the hill. Samsung and mi both are bloated. All in all, Mi 11x at 17k is unbeatable.
Xiaomi's naming convention isn't good lol.
I meant experience with custom rom wise.
Rooting trips samsung knox efuse. I don't know if custom roms require root access but if they do then samsung will trip knox efuse. Custom roms also depend on the phone's userbase. A popular phone will have better custom rom support than a non popular one.

@xkcd0137 do you recall how much did you purchase F1 for? Getting 9k as resale value is astounding, that too after 3 years. Also resale value at Flipkart?
I got it for ₹23k. Poco F1s in pristine condition have been sold for ₹10k on this forum. Amazon is giving 5k + 5k extra discount on exchange. Flipkart is stuck at ₹3450 :p
I have my eye on Mi 11x too and i also have Poco F1 but i am getting 10k in exchange. I think Mi 11x is a much better option between these two.
I have a slight dent on the lower frame and tiny bit of the strip bordering the screen is also missing. Do you think the exchange will go through?

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_20210727_114823.jpg
    IMG_20210727_114823.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 122
I have read that.. but there are numerous posts on reddit claiming that Amazon isn't too picky about this stuff unlike FK.
I think it works both ways. Amazon gets to improve sales, customer get his product at a desired price. Win-Win for both. Glad to hear they ain't picky about dents and stuff.
I am assuming that even if the product the heavily dented/scratched, they would still be able to return it, albeit at a lower price.
I think there is poco f3 gt which was launched rececntly
28k for that phone is massive. I mean the only standouts are Amoled, 480hz touch sampling and 2x2 Mimo. I wonder if these justifies the cost. 24k would have been appropriate.

Last edited:
Depends how you define better.
LOS is stock Android, like Google, while OneUI, MIUi and others are custom UI. If you prefer bloatfree, simple, fast OS, then LOS is the way to go.
If you want features and stuff then OneUI has definitely improved compared to what it was earlier.

Back