Video Mi Box 4k - lost the remote

Someone help me out a little bit. This is related to Flipkart or maybe even amazon.

I have a Mi Box 4k and I lost the remote to it. What are my options? I looked at a remote on FK but the two I tried didnt work. Has anyone tried an air mouse or something?

As mentioned in the previous 2 posts, just buy a remote from mi.com - they sell remotes.
bt pair it; you might miss the amazon and netflix buttons - costs 499/599
I use 2 remotes since if 1 goes missing i still have a spare till the other one is found.

At least Mi Box 4K's original remote available through Mi Store is lot cheaper than Amazon Firestick's original one which becomes dysfunctional within a period of 2-3 years.
Amazon remote comes with IR Blaster. Not sure if MI's does. The advantage is that it then allows you to control TV/AVR using Alexa. But most functions work through HDMI CEC anyway, so the benefits are not felt that way.

To the op @cellar_door. Did you find a solution for the Mi Box remote as mine misplaced also.

I never did find a replacement remote I could buy. I tried 3 different MI replacement remotes (from Amazon). None worked. Problem is (AFAIK) the Mi box doesnt have a IR receiver so you cant just use a normal MI TV remote. And MI doesnt sell replacement remotes with BT for this.

If you need something physical, your best bet is a wireless mouse. A normal cheap 400 Rs wireless mouse worked absolutely fine for me. Its was not the easiest thing to use though. I have heard that gamepads work fine too but I didnt want to pair my Xbox/PS remote with just the MI box.

The best solution I found was this app -

Its the only decent app that has worked and does not spam ads every 10 seconds. As long as your MI box and phone are on the same wifi, it works great.

I never did find a replacement remote I could buy. I tried 3 different MI replacement remotes (from Amazon). None worked. Problem is (AFAIK) the Mi box doesnt have a IR receiver so you cant just use a normal MI TV remote. And MI doesnt sell replacement remotes with BT for this.

If you need something physical, your best bet is a wireless mouse. A normal cheap 400 Rs wireless mouse worked absolutely fine for me. Its was not the easiest thing to use though. I have heard that gamepads work fine too but I didnt want to pair my Xbox/PS remote with just the MI box.

The best solution I found was this app -

Its the only decent app that has worked and does not spam ads every 10 seconds. As long as your MI box and phone are on the same wifi, it works great.
Thanks for the detailed info.
The IR remotes of MI tv will not work because the Mi box is Bluetooth and no IR.
Tried a few apps too and did not work. And the ads were crazy.
Will try this app which worked for you.

Back