Storage Solutions Micro Sd unmounts by itself

M@crosoft

The Weather Man !
Adept
Hey fellas,

Recently ,my elder brother bought me a 16gb class 4 sandisk microsd card for my Micromax Canvas Fun A76.
Ever since I installed it on my phone ..the card seems to unmount by itself in every 10~15 hours .

I tried formatting the card a number of times on my pc but the problem persists.

Help !
Thanks in advance :)

You got a card that will expire in a month or two. Replace.

I think this is more likely than a dodgy card reader.

You got a card that will expire in a month or two. Replace.

Micro SD card will expire?[DOUBLEPOST=1392609841][/DOUBLEPOST]@OP, either the OS is triggering unmount (or some app); or your card slot could be an issue? Have you tried another card with the phone.(and this card with another phone?).

yes, as in die. I saw this behaviour for a few months on my tab and one fine day it refused to mount at all. Several months later its the same and i lost whatever was on it.

Did not at the time. The card was 32GB sandisk class 4. It lasted just less than a year. I thought this micro sd tech was more robust. This is the first time i ever lost data. Those old school mechanical disk drives have never failed me this quick.

Yes, I did try another card, a 4gb toshiba, on this phone and it worked well without any issues so I'd guess the card slot isn't the problem?
Although I never tried this card(16gb) on any other phone

Thats why its better to avoid sandisk memory cards. Somewhere i read that sandisk memory cards have more failure rates and has compatibility issues too. Have used transcend memory cards and none of them failed.

Yes but supply is less so price is more. It's a lottery you may be fine or not. Provided one is aware of issues and backs up data in time then a replacement is good enough.

can the OP try the replacement route and let us know how it goes ?

sorry for replying late..

Yes,I'm going to try and get this replaced ..its gonna be hard though .
I'll keep u people updated

Thats why its better to avoid sandisk memory cards. Somewhere i read that sandisk memory cards have more failure rates and has compatibility issues too. Have used transcend memory cards and none of them failed.

But Transcend's RMA support is virtually non existent.

Is'nt it supported by digicare ?. I am aware that accel frontline is not supporting it, but i heard that it is given to digicare now.

Back