Android Micro USB cable forced into USB C slot - Samsung phone - repair query

arnprasad

Disciple
Hi, someone in my house tried to force a micro USB cable into USB C slot of a samsung phone and I can see that some pins are screwed and while I can still plug in the USB C cable - there is no power delivery. I will be taking it to a samsung service center tomorrow. Given these folks take the easy way out and suggest things like replacing entire motherboard or some such major repair - want to get a clarification whether it is possible to just take out and replace the USB C male of the mobile phone? Also not sure what kind of control/hold Samsung have on these authorized repair center...is it worth going to them or just go to a nearby mobile repair guy?

Also approximately what kind of cost can we expect here? I ask as the phone cost is less than 15K and its already a year old and hence no fun spending many thousands getting it repaired when a new Mi Note 10 basic version will be sold for around 10K. Thx

Most probably the USB-C port won't be soldered on the main board but a daughter board and that will need to be changed.
Depending on the model the cost will vary but for a phone of that price, it should cost 500-1000 even from Samsung Centre.

They have charged me 1200 and they say it will take 3 days as some problem with mother board also. Its under warranty so they say they will cover mother board under that but charged me for physical damage to port. I hope after three days they will deliver as promised. Thx

They must not have had the daughter board in stock because in my experience Samsung usually fixes this hand in hand or 3-4hrs.
I haven't had any issues of overcharging from Samsung and the phone was always returned in original condition, never had delays either. You'll get it, don't worry.

Back