Micromax A120 Canvas HD Pro to come with 5.5-inch Full HD display

yashvisent

Disciple
Micromax A120 Canvas HD Pro to come with 5.5-inch Full HD display

Micromax A120 Canvas HD Pro, the successor of the popular A116 Canvas HD is all set to make its way to the big stage. The smartphone will compete against the likes of Samsung Galaxy Note II and the LG Optimus G Pro.

Micromax A120 Canvas HD pro specifications

• 5.5 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) capacitive display
  • Quadcore Cortex A7 processor
  • 2 GB RAM
  • Internal memory of 8 GB
  • microSD, expandable up to 64 GB
  • 3000 mAh battery
  • 13 MP primary camera with dual LED flash
  • 3.2 MP secondary camera
  • WiFi, 3G, GSM
  • Android 4.2.1 JellyBean
  • Dual SIM
  • PowerVR Series 5XT GPU
The specifications do speak for themselves. In other words, they are mindblowing. If this phone is to make a heavy impact in the market we expect it to be priced around Rs. 20,000.

LOL why you want to dump your far superior S3 for a crappy company like MMX. Don't get overwhelmed seeing the specs. MMX is crap company and is just selling some cheap chinese note 2 copy for half the price. Stay with your S3.

Indeed I am overwhelmed by the specs :cool: Full hd screen, large battery and if it is within 20k whereas the other brands are offering it for 40k minimum :(

Do you think an s4 or an htc one is worth 20k over this mmx? What are the cons of going with mmx? I guess the canvas hd has sold well across the country.

^^ Isn't the Galaxy Note II and LG Optimus G Pro 5.5 inch phones? They exist!

WHEN You're COPYING CONTENT please post SOURCE!

Honestly, I stopped caring for high end phones long back.
Why is it necessary to increase screen size along with other specs?

Ok, I have been using high end devices like S3, Note 1 & 2, iPhone 4 & 4s and then switched to Micromax Canvas HD A116 and i have to say I do not miss my high end phones, but may be that's just me, I do not depend on my phone for daily needs except for calls, emails, whatsapp & light gaming / internet browsing. there are many small issues with the device example, Camera Quality, Touch screen lags, Internal Memory etc, but I would gladly buy the A120 if its around 20k price tag.

I was planning on buying an S4 after using Note 2 for 5 months along side with iPhone 4s (2 sims), I sold both the phones and had enough to buy the S4 but after thinking about it a lot i decided to get a laptop instead of buying a high end phone like the S4 / HTC one / HTC butterfly because a laptop would utilize all of its features better than a phone would. I mean come on you don't need a 8 core processor & what would you really do with the 2gb ram & graphics? when all you can do is play games with very little graphics quality.Right now at the price of a S4 you can get a Dell Inspiron 15R with i5, 4gb RAM 1TB hdd & 2GB Graphics so why would you buy a S4, if performance of a product is all that you are after? Do you need a 8 core to make /receive phone calls? or will you use the 8 core for WhatsApps and Facebook? Can the built in graphics of the S4 allow you to play Crysis 3 / Tomb Raider or any of the latest titles? Then what would you really do with the S4?

So yeah may be Micromax are a cheap Chinese knock offs but they have been pretty good so far and well worth the price tag.

@rock2702 Yes you should sell your S3 and get the A120 when its available because it will definitely beat the S3 but i cannot be sure of the camera quality as of yet.

I haven't yet had to use Micromax's customer support so i cannot comment on them. I think everyone should commend Micromax for coming up with such devices here in India where people are crazy for the "Brand" names.[DOUBLEPOST=1367950196][/DOUBLEPOST]@Mr.J i agree with you but when they wont increase the screen size people complain :rage: best example Apple iPhone :oldman: i guess in a world with 7 Billion people there is no pleasing everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Price may be great but service support is almost nil. Even i bought 116 under same impression as many of you but i will never buy it again. when one of my iphone went bad it was replaced, when samsung galaxy s went bad i got entire internals replaced in about 25 days. This 116 of mine is laying eggs for almost 2 months now in micromax service center. If you are ok with use and throw attitude, then buy micromax.

Why is it necessary to increase screen size along with other specs?

So that they can fit bigger batteries to make phone run on battery at least for a day owing to the high power consumption due to the very high PPI screen which the eye does not even understand.

Processor seems to be pretty weak (A7). Just because it is a quad-core, does not mean it is as fast as any other quad-core processor. I hope people understand that and stop comparing these cheap chinese knock-offs with premium phones. They maybe VFM for some but nowhere in the same league as HTC One, S4 etc.

Processor seems to be pretty weak (A7). Just because it is a quad-core, does not mean it is as fast as any other quad-core processor. I hope people understand that and stop comparing these cheap chinese knock-offs with premium phones. They maybe VFM for some but nowhere in the same league as HTC One, S4 etc.

Agree, but how many users use even half the features or potential of their mobile...it is marketing bullshit and even worst pathetic desire again idolized by glamours advertising to give false pride of being higher n better than others...so anyone who is buying anything ask simple question that do I really need it ?

Agree, but how many users use even half the features or potential of their mobile...it is marketing bullshit and even worst pathetic desire again idolized by glamours advertising to give false pride of being higher n better than others...so anyone who is buying anything ask simple question that do I really need it ?

By your logic, the basic necessity for a mobile phone is to make and receive calls when on the move. So, we all should buy Nokia 1110, right..?

Yes, most people who buy smart phones use more than 50% of the features or are at least aware of them. No phone has a feature so exquisite that it is not usable/productive.

You don't buy a motorbike to drive it at its top speed all the time. You don't fill your car with 5 passengers and a full payload, every time you take it out. Since, you will not be doing the above, you should never buy/upgrade a vehicle.

Basically, your argument holds no relevance in the current context..

By your logic, the basic necessity for a mobile phone is to make and receive calls when on the move. So, we all should buy Nokia 1110, right..?

If its just to make and receive calls. do u need anything else? Will anything beat the battery life?

I personally use a dumb phone as a standby. Gives me amazing battery life. Only thing that beats it is my kindle.

@comp@ddict

PERFECT phone for you to BUY. It will be the Micromax FLAGSHIP.

Still feel the Lenovo and Xolo (similarly specced) phones will be better than this. I find the Canvas HD to be quite meh. Feels clunky at best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back