Microsoft announces final year for supporting Windows 10

Didn't Microsoft say Windows 10 is going to be their last OS? Kind of surprised with this announcement though.
M$ was hinting a newer version of windows for some time now. https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/3/22466394/microsoft-windows-11-launch-teaser-rumors
there were few leaks and what not, but didn't get much traction. - https://thewincentral.com/report-wi...-to-be-the-cobalt-rtm-build-if-all-goes-fine/

Win10 as last OS which be sold commercially/SaaS - seems to be true as rumours says win11 will be something like f2p model, operating system will be free , will have micro-transaction and ad-based based revenue model.
Those win10 telemetry and tracking user was not just like that.

Most of the things at this points are just rumors, lets see what future holding for us, else im very happy with win7 as my last windows :)

Last edited:
I have been using windows 10 for the past 2-3 years now on my office laptop as well as my home htpc. Never faced any issues or glitches. Applied minimal fixes and tweaks to make it streamlined for my usage.

Maybe the office it team is to be commended but at home as well, all the softwares are available for windows and if one doesn't work, there are 10 more. Don't know about others but i have been really happy with windows 10 except the first year of its launch don't remember when that was when I faced issues. After that it has been a great os for me.

For me, I would like to continue with my setup for the next few years unless their is a breakthrough in some os, which is unheard of.

TBH Windows 10 has been the most reliable for me. I've used 95/98/XP/7 and now 10. I skipped Vista. I had the most crashes/BSOD on 7, I've been running a 24x7 system since around 2008. Just my experience. As an additional note I do not really use many of the "features" of any Windows.

Win 10 has been solid for me tbh. Outlook had an issue once, and ****, spent 2 days to sort it out.
The hardware has been ****ing insanely bad. Colleague's Surface stopped working this Friday. MS CC is asking for 3 months to replace it. :(

Yes, 10 has been good for me too. I've used Linux (Mint and Manjaro), macOS 10.12 to 14 or 15 and Win7 in the last 5-7 years. Have been more comfortable using Windows 10 than anything else. It just works. I hate the gimmicks Microsoft pulls at every major update but they are easy to sort out with tweaks after a little bit of googling.

This was in the making for a while now. since ms started focusing on cloud when Satya became the ceo.

Overall for me Win7 was pure rock solid reliable. It was just brilliantly stable.

Windows 10 on the other hand did give me grief on a couple of occasions over the years but wasn't too bad.. yet just never came across as stable and snappy as windows 7 did

I don't know but for me Windows 10 is just about childish stuffs, looks, animations, bunch of pre built crap which no one with a brain uses or cares about and so on. The built in Defender is becoming more and more hilarious btw, just few days ago I couldn't download utorrent and goodbyedpi as those were getting marked as malicious software. So comical.

Windows 7 was the real deal. Never once I remember it not working for anything or throwing any nonsensical error. It didn't have any looks but it had what's needed for a power user, performance and efficiency, and rock solid stability.

Watched the leaked built of Windows 11 and it seems like MS is continuing with the looks aspect of the OS instead of performance, which would be real unfortunate. I've been using Windows 10 for just about 5 years now and not a single day passed when I didn't think of Windows 7.

This is the new world. Hollow on the inside but fancy on the outside.

For me, Windows XP was a pain. All drivers need to be installed and a few restarts used to corrupt the system files. Vista was great in terms of stability, drivers support and security but it was painfully slow. Windows 7 was great, rock stable, fast and I never had any problem with it. Win 8.1 was also stable like Win 7 and its boot and shut down times were very fast. Win 8.1 was the best Windows version for me. Win 10 is unstable mess for me. It makes me remember my XP days when I didn't know if tomorrow my pc will boot or not. I hope Win 11 will be better.

I couldn't download utorrent and goodbyedpi as those were getting marked as malicious software. So comical.
Off-topic - same happened couple of days back, In the Defender options, I selected to remove the program, Windows removed the setup file and also uninstalled the program too. Anyways, I moved to "qbittorrent" now

For me Vista was the worst of the lot. Extremely slow and unstable.
7 was way better, and 10 took some time to adjust to.

Back