Budget 31-40k Mid - Range gaming pc + processor-hungry softwares PC

What is an average time a PC requires an upgrade. (For gamers and heavy use)

• 4 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sunny

Recruit
Hello to One and All
This is my first post here at TE after number of days of research.. seemed like I could have got a thesis ready for a Phd in PC hardware research.. ;)
I must say this is a wonderful place with all the brilliant gurus around.. I considered myself a guru earlier but all you fantastic guys have made me literally feel like a noob... :D

Coming to the point...
I doubt if I made my doubt clear with the thread title (especially the latter part), let me explain my purpose for buying a PC.
Two main purposes:
  • Playing latest games (my new found subject to brag among the friends..but seriously I enjoi playing those awesome games.. I had played Crysis and GTA 4 a couple of years back though)
  • Running processor-hungry softwares (I am a programmer so I need those heavy softwares like Visual studio, SQL Server, Photoshop and the simple ones like browser, pdf reader, word processor etc.. but the big part is I need them all simultaneously and that too multiple instances )
Just a small thing I wanted to discuss.. (actually wanted to vent my anger somewhere on these hardware manufacturing companies)

I had purchased a whole new system a couple of years back (to play GTA 4).. It was a fair config at tht time .. AMD Phenom x4 940 BE, Gigabyte motherboard (forgot the model), MSI R4850 graphics card, 8gb of ram etc etc..
Now a couple of months back my MoBo stopped working.. warranty had expired so authorised service centers refused to repair.. I tried at hundreds of shops but they could not repair, those who could did not provide a guarantee even for a weeks time. Then I decided to buy a new Mobo, and to my astonishment, no company manufactured that Mobo.. I am not very good with hardwares, I wanted a Mobo with AM3+ chipset, i guess.. So after months of search I finally had to to discard my current Processor and go for a new Processor-Motherboard.. :mad:
I feel, cant this companies provide a service/support/spares for even a 5 year duration.. I always hated Microsoft but it is among one of the few tech companies on this planet that give support to their products for a long long time.. I guess they were providing support to Windows XP till some months back..

I think I forgot my purpose .. bhavnaon ko samjho yaar... :)

So now I am building a new PC.. since I have some cash-crunch so will be doing it in stages.. I hope at least I have made my purpose clear..

1. Q: What is your budget?
    • 30-35K
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - AMD Phenom X4- 940 BE
    • Motherboard - Asus - Cant recall the model
    • GPU - MSI R 4850
    • RAM - Transcend 8GB DDR2
    • Monitor - Acer lg 19inch
    • SMPS - local brand 500 watts
    • Keyboard-Mouse- Microsoft Combo
    • Headphone - None
    • HDD - Seagate 500 GB
    • Cabinet -local brand
    • Speakers - Altec Lansing2.0
    • Optical Drive - LG DVD-RW
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - lg 19 inch
    • GPU - MSI R 4850
    • Keyboard-Mouse- Microsoft Combo
    • Headphone - local brand
    • Speakers - Altec Lansing 2.0
    • Optical Drive - LG DVD-RW
    • HDD - Seagate 500 GB
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel Core-i5 3570K
    • Motherboard - Asus P8H77-M - Intel H77 chipset
    • RAM - Corsair Vengeance - 2 x 2 GB DDR3 - 1600
    • SMPS - Cooler Master GX 550
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • HDD - Seagate barracuda 1 TB
    • GPU - Asus HD7770-DC-1GD5 - Radeon HD 7770
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai - Laminton Road
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming (Crysis 3, GTA 5 etc)
    • Software Developement
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Do not want to buy XYZ company product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • All Recent and Upcomming Games FPS, Racing, Strategy , Sports etc
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1600 x 900 or Above
    2. Desktop - 1600 x 900 or Above
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • Need help on this. I dont clearly understand this concept.
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 - 64 bit Ultimate
    • Windows 8 - 64 bit Enterprise

This is the best config you can ever buy:

CPU -Intel Core i5 3570 -11500 (You don't need a 'k' CPU if you don't OC)
MB -Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H -6000
RAM -Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600MHz -2200
PSU -Corsair CX430 -2400
GPU -Gigabyte HD7770 1GB -7800
Cabinet -NZXT Source 210 Elite -2900
HDD -WD Blue 1TB -4000
TOTAL -36800.

This is the best config you can ever buy:

CPU -Intel Core i5 3570 -11500 (You don't need a 'k' CPU if you don't OC)
MB -Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H -6000
RAM -Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600MHz -2200
PSU -Corsair CX430 -2400
GPU -Gigabyte HD7770 1GB -7800
Cabinet -NZXT Source 210 Elite -2900
HDD -WD Blue 1TB -4000
TOTAL -36800.
--------------------

Is the above configuration sufficient to avoid an upgrade for atleast two years.. to play most of the games till then...
I thought the minimum power supply for a mid-range gaming pc should be 500-550 watts.. is 430 sufficient?

--------------------

Is the above configuration sufficient to avoid an upgrade for atleast two years.. to play most of the games till then...
I thought the minimum power supply for a mid-range gaming pc should be 500-550 watts.. is 430 sufficient?

For lower-mid range cards and non overclockable pc's 430 is enough.......
Moreover CX430 is a very good PSU, IT can even handle 78XX GPU'S easily unless you overclock...

Which is/are the best place to buy at lamington road (mumbai)?
I inquired at Prime for the above quotation, and they are around a thousand bucks expensive.. but everyone here at TE suggests Prime.. also I am tired of inquiring at all the shops and then finally settling down at the one who gives the minimum quote.. I used to earlier blindly trust guys at lamington. but after reading here at TE i have become cautious.. So I dont mind spending those extra bucks, still if any one can suggest few more genuine shops at Lamington..

Back