Middle Level PC for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane

Recruit
:) Hi everyone, I am planning to sell my PC and get a laptop, hence I am putting up my computer for sale here. Please check out the configuration listed below and reply if you like it. And Just to let you know, 80% of this PC has imported components.

Configuration:

1.> P4 2.8Ghz
2.> Intel 845PESV (533Mhz FSB, 4USB ports, 100/10 Ethernet, 2 DDR333 PC2700) Memory slots, 6 PCI slots, SoundMax audio)
3.> 2x256MB(512MB) DDR 333 Mhz Memory
4.> Geforce5 FX5200- 6 months warranty left
5.> AverMedia TV Tuner Card with Remote(Philips chipset)- 10 months warranty left.
6.> 250W 2.1 Speaker
7.> 80GB 7200RPM Western Digital Hardisk
8.> 56K Fax Modem
9.> 1.44 SonyFDD
10.> 52x32X52X Asus CD Writer
11.> 32X BenQ DVD ROM
12.> 17" LG Monitor - 2 1/2 years warranty left
13.> Logitech Optical Mouse
14.> Logitech Keyboard
15.> iBox i-Benz cabinet
16.> 350W ATX power supply

I am not sure if I have missed out on something. Please do reply if you have any questions. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I am expecting atleast Rs29,000/-.:cool2:

Rs29,000? :S not my business you are selling but for this price I can get new PC with 6600GT :cool2:

^^ I agree with Sandy. I can even put together a config for you.

I would suggest you sell the parts individually, that way you'll earn more.

^^ definately with sandy

i was thinking of buying this for my friend before i saw the price :))

Here's the disclaimer again:

umm..none of my business, but then this prompted me
Quote:
I am willing to bet on the fact that you will not get this configuration for anything less that Rs35,000/- in the present market today.
Also, if i were to buy a PC for this price range, I'd rather go for:

ASUS/GB via chipset mobo not sure of current prices, but say 2.8K
AMD 64 2800 (754pin...we are ona budget, remember): 5K

Before the rest of the folks kill me for the choice4 above, don't forget we are on a low budget )
512 DDR 333 : 2.4K
Benq 1640 DVD writer :2.9K
80 GB 7200 Bararcuda or WD :2.4K
generic Cabinet + SMPS + Mouse + KB: :1.5K
6600GT :9K
Samsung/LG 17" :5.4K

totals:
31.4 K

This is just a quick choice for comparisons' sake, and am sure this chooice can be improved with a little thought put behind it

oops...sorry...didn't see your post bottle....Mods, plz delete my posts above if they are offensive/do not pertain to the rules

just a reminder , no discussions in the market section so please avoid posting if you dont plan to buy the item.

Sandy said:
Rs29,000? :S not my business you are selling but for this price I can get new PC with 6600GT :cool2:
I do understand that you will get cheap PC's in the market today but I am willing to bet on the fact that you will not get this configuration for anything less that Rs35,000/- in the present market today. Trust me, I live day and night in the market. I got this assembled myself for Rs46,000/-:( 10 months ago. If you have the slightest doubt, please do check out the prices for these in the market today. Enjoy:cool2:

I am willing to bet on the fact that you will not get this configuration for anything less that Rs35,000/- in the present market today.

current mkt prices for your components:

1.> P4 2.8Ghz- assuming non HT, 5.8K

2.> Intel 845PESV (533Mhz FSB, 4USB ports, 100/10 Ethernet, 2 DDR333 PC2700) Memory slots, 6 PCI slots, SoundMax audio)- 2900/-

3.> 2x256MB(512MB) DDR 333 Mhz Memory: 512 - 1 stick- 2.4K

4.> Geforce5 FX5200- 6 months warranty left: 2.8K

5.> AverMedia TV Tuner Card with Remote(Philips chipset)- 10 months warranty left....not sure, let's say 2K

6.> 250W 2.1 Speaker:,..let's say 350/-

7.> 80GB 7200RPM Western Digital Hardisk: 2.4K

8.> 56K Fax Modem

9.> 1.44 SonyFDD: 400/-

10.> 52x32X52X Asus CD Writer: 1.2K

11.> 32X BenQ DVD ROM: 2K

12.> 17" LG Monitor - 2 1/2 years warranty left: 5.4 K assuming non flat

13.> Logitech Optical Mouse: 500/-

14.> Logitech Keyboard: 350/-

15.> iBox i-Benz cabinet

16.> 350W ATX power supply: cabby + power supply 1.5K

Totals to ~29K

>>>80GB 7200RPM Western Digital Hardisk: 2.4K

I have no idea where you get a western digital 80GB hardisk for 2.4K. Maybe you are confused between 40 and 80GB.:hap5:

superczar said:
current mkt prices for your components:
Totals to ~29K

Sorry to be rude, but maybe you need a refresher course in maths, because you cant add up you own price. The price which you have put has totaled upto 33K. Dude, you gotta pick up your own act. :cool2:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention a special feature of the comp! I have made sure that my system is ventilated in the best possible way so I have 4 extra fans(Excluding Processor and SMPS fan) I have one fan in the front which pulls in air through the grill of the Benz model cabin just like a car. This fan is placed in such a way that Half of the air flows over my hardisk and half comes directly into the cabin. Then I got a custom fan for my Graphics card which makes sure it never stresses out. Then I got 2 output fans which makes sure that all the hot air in the system is replaced by cool air. Now, there is an air duct on the side of the cabin that goes all the way upto the processor fan, so that my processor doesn't pull in hot air from the cabin rather cool air directly from outside. And all these fans make sure my system never succumbs to pressure. And the truth is although I run graphic intensive games like Doom3 and DVD decoding applications for very long times, my sytem has never crashed, not even once:cool2:

So, anyone planning to buy my comp? Please reply

Sorry to be rude, but maybe you need a refresher course in maths, because you cant add up you own price. The price which you have put has totaled upto 33K. Dude, you gotta pick up your own act.

Actually to be honest, the prices he's mentioned total up to 30K . Not to mention the prices he's quoted are significantly on the higher side, I'm sure with accurate street pricing the total can be knocked down another 1~2K.

Anyway please avoid personal insults, people are only trying to help you frame a reasonable price. Better pricing gives you a good chance to get a buyer :)

P.s: Seagate 80GB HDDs are 2.4K atleast here in Chennai. I'm not sure how much of a premium the Western Digital Drives carry.

Also would be useful mentioning if your Pentium4 is a Prescott or a Northwood.

1- that was a quick post...sorry if i got the maths wrong.....but be4 u comment on the mathemetical prowess of this old man, at least get ur own quanti skills up to the mark.....

2-
Maybe you are confused between 40 and 80GB
as for the 80 gig 7200 rpm HDDs ...i picked one up last week for 2.4 K

3-
And the truth is although I run graphic intensive games like Doom3
doom3 on the fx5200 is akin to watching a fight sequencein slow-mo...all i can say is enjoy ur fraggin sessions if u prefer it that way

4- if u wanna sell ur rig for that price, get a lame duck in ur vicinity be4 postin it on this forum....

4- me feelin too sleepy and bored right now to pick up a discussion on this....maybe i'll reply ack tmrw mornng if i feel like it

ugh...4 followed by nother 4...so muchfor my way with numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back