Migration of Aryans to India proved by genetic research

Quite a few of my friends have now become skeptic of the fact that we migrated to India from Aryavarta(Modern day Iran) by the shores of the Caspian sea under the deluge of false information being paraded around our Sangha/BJP news stations and social media but it seems to have been proved without any ambiguity.

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/sc...he-aryan-migration-debate/article19090301.ece

But even then the Bhakts are not known for their logical reasoning which is pretty similar to their ideological bearded brothers on the other side of the religious divide.

It doesn't matter what science or logic says, extremists will ignore what is true and what is right if it doesn't fit their ideology. And people basically believe what they want to believe, even if there is concrete proof to the contrary staring them in the face.

The data set of Huddersfield Study led by Underhill on which Tony Joseph relies is
merely 1440 persons. Extrapolating all cumulative studies conducted till date
which Joseph relies, comprising of less than 5000 persons and applying to a
nation of 1.3 billion people is brilliant science. A noble prize-winning feat. Take a
favourable working hypothesis, make a model with questionable assumptions with
very limited dataset and viola, the hypothesis is proved to be a theory. A basic
understanding of scientific research might have helped.

It doesn't matter what science or logic says, extremists will ignore what is true and what is right if it doesn't fit their ideology. And people basically believe what they want to believe, even if there is concrete proof to the contrary staring them in the face.

Or they will ban the research. Don't like it, ban it. All in the name of religion....

TL DR - Get on with your lives, nothing much to read :p

Ooh nice.. Are you outside India? If you don't mind saying, what did the 23&ME test result say regarding your origin?

Within India. I had a friend carry over a kit. And he took it back.

My haplogroup is common to India, so it made sense. It was not the coveted r1a1 marker. LOL.

The data set of Huddersfield Study led by Underhill on which Tony Joseph relies is
merely 1440 persons. Extrapolating all cumulative studies conducted till date
which Joseph relies, comprising of less than 5000 persons and applying to a
nation of 1.3 billion people is brilliant science. A noble prize-winning feat. Take a
favourable working hypothesis, make a model with questionable assumptions with
very limited dataset and viola, the hypothesis is proved to be a theory. A basic
understanding of scientific research might have helped.

Are you related to Akhil Misra in the comments on the source page?

Back