Mini Laptop buying advice

agupta02

Disciple
My wife's b'day is coming up end May so was planning to gift her a Mini laptop as her only usage is FB, mail, pics, skype and other similar stuff, nothing heavy duty. Any suggestions???

Was thinking something between 15k - 20k but can go higher if the product is a real value for money deal. Hv decided on the mini specifically for its size and portability. I already hv a Toshiba at home but wifey doesn't like the "bulky" bugger (go figure :S).

Oh and if the lappie comes in vivid colors, all the more better :). Thanks for all your help guys, appreciate it.

I got the lenovo s10-3t for my wife in march. She loves it. It's small, has touchscreen & works well in the tablet mode. Her usage is mail, web 2.0 stuff, e-books & some ms office.

The laptop/netbook/netvertible came with a 8 cell battery, so even if she forgets to charge at times, the 8-10hr battery life is good enough.

-Ves:
* Had to move from Win 7 home basic to home premium to get all the tablet features. The webcam is on the side of the screen & the touchpad is bad (well she's moved from using the touchpad to the touchscreen)
* It's pricey @ 31k (so try it before buying it)

If you dont like ^ , then the asus seashell with pineview proccy should be good enuf.

Thanks for the reply. I was leaning towards the Dell Mini or the HP 110 (Dell offers a lot of colors which is a good thing). What do you think? Looked at Asus and it seems like a good option. Any ideas on the price of the Asus? I just need one which looks good and performs well enough for her.

Back