[MINI REVIEW] Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse

Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse
wireless-mouse-m185-dark-grey-glamour-image-lg.png

This is Mini Review on the Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse which i purchased a couple of weeks back since my old Microsoft mouse died on me and desperately needed a mouse that would help make it easier for me when working on my Notebook especially since i have to work with Photoshop and Illustrator,using the in-built notebook touchpad wasn't an option for me
Currently,using this mouse with my Sony Vaio EB36 but have tested it on a Macbook and an iMac which are also compatible with this mouse(Haven't tested it on Linux)

The Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse currently is available in 3 different colors : Grey,Blue and Red(Got the Blue One as the Grey seemed a bit boring and don't really like Red as a color) :p

The Packaging and Accessories :
Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse comes accompanied with a Nano Receiver and a AA Alkaline Battery which is already plugged into the Mouse when it is packaged and shipped
The Nano Receiver is so small that even if it remains plugged into your notebook or desktop it doesn't have to be pulled out every time you stop using the mouse,Just let it remain connected to your notebook and it won't be noticeable at all which is unlikely with other wireless receivers which are probably the size of a flash drive

Logitech claims that the Alkaline Battery that they have provided with this mouse can last almost a year without being replaced a single time i.e provided you hit the "OFF" switch every time you finish using the mouse
I personally can't vouch on that statement but only time will tell whether it actually stays alive for the complete year(12 months)

n2z7tf.jpg
17woz9.jpg

Dimensions and Specs :
Dimensions -
Product ComponentWidthDepth/LengthHeightWeight With battery
Mouse60 mm (2.36 inch)99 mm (3.89 inch)39 mm (1.54 inch)75g mm (2.65 ounces)
Nano Receiver14 mm (0.55 inch)19 mm (0.75 inch)6 mm (0.24 inch)2g (0.07 ounces)

The Mouse is really small when compared to most of the standard Gaming mice out there or even the normal daily use mice from Microsoft or Logitech look bigger than this mouse
I have a Logitech G400 Gaming Mouse and i tried comparing the dimensions with the M185 Wireless Mouse

346nbt4.jpg
2mzcj93.jpg

If you remove the battery from the mouse,the mouse itself is really light weight and when you actually compare the weight for the battery and the mouse it would turn out to be the same.So the battery is the main factor/component which keeps it steady on the mouse pad
Now,The Nano Receiver plugs into any USB slots(Either USB 2.0 or 3.0)

aoovt0.jpg
2iaz7es.jpg

Technical Specs -
Wireless Protocol2.4 GHz (Unifying Ready)
Wireless RangeUp to 30 Feet or 10 Meters
DPI1000 Max.
SensorU
OS SupportWindows XP, Windows XP x64, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64, Mac OS X 10.5+, Linux Kernel 2.6 +

Pros and Cons :
Pros :
  • Portable
  • Light Weight
  • Nano Receiver
  • Battery Life
  • Good Built Quality
  • Good Wireless Range
  • Looks Beautiful :p
  • Affordable

Cons :
  • "Click" Sound from the buttons is a bit loud and can be distracting at times
  • ON/OFF switch not made for every type of hands(Very Small)
  • Small Size(Not suitable for Everyone)

Conclusion :
At a price range of Rs 750,this is one mouse that definitely needs to be considered when going wireless and Portable with your Notebook but might want to look at other alternatives if you plan on using it with your desktop or for daily usage due to its small size which might not be suitable for each and everyone

using the mouse with my ultraportable for using autocad on the move and it fits my use perfectly. the nano receiver and the on/off switch is a real boon. extremely VFM i say and a must have accessory to a notebook on the move!!

@YashBhatt nice write up.

Just a piece of advice to show how small the mice is in your hand take a couple of pics while you are using it (gripping), it will also explain what grip goes best with it. Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good review mate.

Thanks Mate !!

using the mouse with my ultraportable for using autocad on the move and it fits my use perfectly. the nano receiver and the on/off switch is a real boon. extremely VFM i say and a must have accessory to a notebook on the move!!

I definitely portable but for me the ON/OFF becomes hard to navigate

@YashBhatt nice write up.

Just a piece of advice to show how small the mice is in your hand take a couple of pics while you are using it (gripping), it will also explain what grip goes best with it. Cheerio!

Updated the review with a gripping style pic,I normal prefer a palm grip on my G400 but have to revert back to claw griping with M185
Thanks for the tip buddy !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back