Minimum recharge for jio prepaid to keep the number alive

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
I own few jio numbers, most are regularly recharged but a couple are kept just a backup and to share at unimportant places and people.

Today got a call that they're had to be a recharge on them.

Can you folks suggest the minimum recharge that I cab do to keep them active.

Not a plan but something minimum to keep the no active

Delhi circle

Thanks

This is what I do. I don't recharge for a few months until they actually cut off my services. When they do cut-off, I do the cheapest recharge that is 149 bucks these days. That helps me for the next 3-4 months. For example, my last recharge for that number was on 23rd November. That plan expired after 24 days, but my incoming is still working. I get repeated reminders from them. And then they even start calling. When they start calling, from that day I start checking if my incoming is still working or not. I don't recharge until they actually stop my service. Have been using this method for more than a year now.

This is what I do. I don't recharge for a few months until they actually cut off my services. When they do cut-off, I do the cheapest recharge that is 149 bucks these days. That helps me for the next 3-4 months. For example, my last recharge for that number was on 23rd November. That plan expired after 24 days, but my incoming is still working. I get repeated reminders from them. And then they even start calling. When they start calling, from that day I start checking if my incoming is still working or not. I don't recharge until they actually stop my service. Have been using this method for more than a year now.
Hmmm.. Thats what i will do. I haven't recharged these since very long [emoji6]
But if there is a 14 day recharge I ll do it, but tbh i have nt come across that.

Will check again

Hmmm.. Thats what i will do. I haven't recharged these since very long [emoji6]
But if there is a 14 day recharge I ll do it, but tbh i have nt come across that.

Will check again
Update ...Might be the 49 recharge is discontinued ...why not simply do a data recharge of Rs 26 , which gives you 2 gb data however the validity is 28 days if i am not mistaken , atleast in kolkata circle its available ...hope you get my point bro ...the more validity and the number remaining intact ...or may be Rs 75 recharge ...with validity of 23 days

Update ...Might be the 49 recharge is discontinued ...why not simply do a data recharge of Rs 26 , which gives you 2 gb data however the validity is 28 days if i am not mistaken , atleast in kolkata circle its available ...hope you get my point bro ...the more validity and the number remaining intact ...or may be Rs 75 recharge ...with validity of 23 days
I believe one has to have an active plan, as the number hasn't been recharged in ages I belive 119 or 150 one has to be done.

Please correct me if i am not understanding it correctly

Correction , the 75 plan is for jiophone users only , just checked the jio app , it shows that Rs 119 recharge with 14 days validity to be the minimum

I own few jio numbers, most are regularly recharged but a couple are kept just a backup and to share at unimportant places and people.

Today got a call that they're had to be a recharge on them.

Can you folks suggest the minimum recharge that I cab do to keep them active.

Not a plan but something minimum to keep the no active

Delhi circle

Thanks
Port them to BSNL 4G and use Plan 197 to extend 150days. Simply.

No bsnl in delhi
MTNL here (Delhi).
So they do not stop SMS as well ?
I don't think anyone stops incoming SMS. Been using Vodafone SIM for years without a single recharge they often provide complementary validity when they're tired of me never recharging.
As for Jio, my sister who doesn't call no one and is studying from home only has her number not recharged in quite a few months. Incoming isn't stopped.
Also as per TRAI guidelines they cannot shutdown your number if you have some kind of incoming activity (SMS or call).

I got a call few days back and haven't recharged, I'll do the same when they stop my incoming
Port to bsnl 4g and recharge it with one of their more basic plans and you are covered for months at an end.

I am contemplating to port my jio number to bsnl 4g since 4g came just a month ago to bsnl.

Jio in Kolkata circle provides a grace period of 90 days , after that there is a possibilty of the number getting disconnected ...same for airtel in Kolkata , i do remember few years back was out of station for a couple of months , tried to recharge after coming back , the recharges failed several times , visited the Airtel Store , according to the Rep , as it was already 90 days past , the prepaid number is no longer available , however they gave me an option of retaining the same number in postpaid and after 3 months of post paid usage i have the option of converting it into prepaid once again , wonder how the reps were able to pull out my details , if the number was already disconnected and what is the reason as to its however available in post paid scheme ..........

Try vis
They disconnected my number that I didnt use for a few months. Dont get any signal. What can I do to revive it
Try visiting there Store . If the number is still available i.e no one has still taken it , you can request them to issue the number in your name as a new connection.

Back