Misuse of personal details

domnicds

Disciple
Hi Guys, i have been on this and Erodov Forum for very long time but would always worry about misuse of personal details as it has happened with me before, so i never really sold much stuff...

i have a question is there a way to share invoices without sharing personal details, for example Amazon invoices or any stuff you buy online have like way to much info... so is it ok to just blur out the address and share the invoice...

i am sorry if this is the wrong section...

Update :- i meant Sharing invoices with the Buyer with address taken out

Last edited:
Hi Guys, i have been on this and Erodov Forum for very long time but would always worry about misuse of personal details as it has happened before with me, so i never really sold much stuff...

i have a question is there a way to share invoices without sharing personal details, for example Amazon invoices or any stuff you buy online have like way to much info... so is it ok to just blur out the address and share the invoice...

i am sorry if this is the wrong section...
Yes it is perfectly fine to blur out the address.

How would he claim warranty if all details in invoice are missing...buyer wont be able to claim warranty without proper invoice...
I am talking about address only, when you go to a local store they don't put in your address on a invoice... i dunno if they do that now as its 3 years since i bought anything from the offline market...

How would he claim warranty if all details in invoice are missing...buyer wont be able to claim warranty without proper invoice...
One can hide the address on the invoice and the share it, Service centre does not care about address mentioned on the invoice.

One can hide the address on the invoice and the share it, Service centre does not care about address mentioned on the invoice
If address was originally not mentioned in the invoice then it wont cause any problem....

but if address was mentioned in the invoice and it is deliberately made unreadable (thus affecting the integrity of the invoice), then it would raise lot of red flags for service center guys, who would deny the claim of warranty citing important details in the invoice you provided are missing...

If address was originally not mentioned in the invoice then it wont cause any problem....

but if address was mentioned in the invoice and it is deliberately made unreadable (thus affecting the integrity of the invoice), then it would raise lot of red flags for service center guys, who would deny the claim of warranty citing important details in the invoice you provided are missing...
No it does not speaking from personal experience.

it will be case to case basis but the buyer can have issues on RMA if anything is hidden, struck out...
If you are vary of misuse, sell without invoice. tell buyer before hand and if something does go wrong within warranty period, buyer can send it back to you and you can RMA.
A little long and expensive process but atleast you will have peace of mind.

it will be case to case basis but the buyer can have issues on RMA if anything is hidden, struck out...
If you are vary of misuse, sell without invoice. tell buyer before hand and if something does go wrong within warranty period, buyer can send it back to you and you can RMA.
A little long and expensive process but atleast you will have peace of mind.
Yes even I was thinking of the same thing or else just sell it as no bill no warranty at a lower price...

A rather very weirdo query but anyways your address will get shared with the buyer when you ship the product.
And why to hide? Are you fearing buyer kidnapping you or loot you or something? Unless you are some wanted mafia and goon, someone wont plot something on you..

What you can do is simply deal in your local area while keeping the invoices with you and help the buyer when needed, it will be a hassle for you though.

A rather very weirdo query but anyways your address will get shared with the buyer when you ship the product.
And why to hide? Are you fearing buyer kidnapping you or loot you or something? Unless you are some wanted mafia and goon, someone wont plot something on you..

What you can do is simply deal in your local area while keeping the invoices with you and help the buyer when needed, it will be a hassle for you though.
Dude there are all type of weirdos out there excluding me ;););), while shipping you just put the basic info no need of full address, anyways the reason i asked this question was coz brother my phone number and email address has been misused before, also now just recently i posed a sale thread 1 dude messages me and says
hi i can buy this share your Upi id,
so i shared my UPI id and no reply from him,
so i changed my reply to where are you from and i am still waiting for a reply lol...

Last edited:
Dude there are all type of weirdos out there excluding me ;););), while shipping you just put the basic info no need of full address, anyways the reason i asked this question was coz brother my phone number and email address has been misused before, also now just recently i posed a sale thread 1 dude messages me and says
so i changed my reply to where are you from and i am still waiting for a reply lol...
why dont you ask his upi id and send a payment request

You need to be street smart. Don't share upi id or any bank account details till everything is finalised. And courier companies ask for full address in case they want to return the item if the person you send the item to does not take it or they can't find the address. If you don't put your full address and ship out costly computer components, you can say goodbye to it and your money too.

Even if you provide the buyer an invoice blurring your address etc., during warranty claim for the next buyer, the co. can throw any tantrums just to reject the claim.
They will come up with what not reasons.
If you can share how your details were misused may be that can be an eye-opener here and might benefit the market calling for some rule alterations..

Back