Android MIUI 13 is Next Generation ROM for Xiaomi devices

quakze

Disciple

MIUI 13 is Next Generation ROM for Xiaomi devices which includes new and greatest features more powerful than MIUI 12 Update.

MIUI 13 Features:
  • Improvements in User Interface
  • New Animations
  • Enhanced and more featured Always on Display
  • Scheduling option for Airplane mode
  • Improved Notification panel for Social media apps for faster Reply and enhanced experience
  • Fast charging improvements & Improved Battery Performance
  • New gestures and additional functionalities
Do you like MIUI, Have you experienced it ?

Have redmi note pro 8 and redmi note 9 pro max .
Unimpressed by miui .
Still like samsung coreui .
Nokia's android one .
Using miui since redmi 1s , Redmi Note 4g , Redmi Note 4 , Mi5 , Mi Max 2 .
Miui was great till incessant advertising was introduced into miui.
Mi5 was an awesome phone with a great sound dac and OIS enabled camera .
The latest Redmi .. note 8 pro and note 9 pro max do not seem to impress me camera wise .
Instead of bumping up the megapixel count they should have had OIS enabled cameras.
Hell my s9 clicks better pictures with a single camera than both of the above . ( I totally agree on the phones being sold at different price points so no arguments there .)
Just my personal opinion .

Redmi device, since being sold a discounted rate are tend to have advertisement inbuilt which makes the UI bit slower and buggy.
Where as Mi devices are flagship line devices, have no such issues.
But Xiaomi is not known for good camera compared to Samsung or iPhone

@quakze

pls. suggest which Xiaomi/Realme handset have Always on Display feature, below 15k? one of my friend instrested in AOD but don't want to buy Samsung

I would like to ask the guys here , are the poco roms ad free by default ?
Yes I'm aware that all xiaomi roms are Spyware but just wanted to know if the poco roms don't have ads by default in the video player and music player ... file manager .. themes .. etc other native xiaomi apps that come pre installed in poco miui ?

I have Poco X3. While setting up, I chose to skip GetApps from Xiaomi and disabled recommendations.
Poco won't have ads by default if you enable the right settings. While it can still give you notifications, they can be easily disabled by turning off "Personalised recommendations" under each miui app.

Besides if you are a bit tech savvy,. You can debloat your phone by removing "spyware." I don't get any ads whatsoever.. :happy:

I have Poco X3. While setting up, I chose to skip GetApps from Xiaomi and disabled recommendations.
Poco won't have ads by default if you enable the right settings. While it can still give you notifications, they can be easily disabled by turning off "Personalised recommendations" under each miui app.

Besides if you are a bit tech savvy,. You can debloat your phone by removing "spyware." I don't get any ads whatsoever.. :happy:
But it requires rooting?

But it requires rooting?
nope, not at all - Try Beebom Xiaomi debloat in Google Search and click on the Video/Article from Beebom - you will get all the details
In miui if you set region to Europe then ads will instantly stop .
this trick only works if you have Global ROM; not on phones that comes with region specific ROMs
AOD feature only works with smartphones with OLED display. Xiaomi Mi A3 is the best options you have !
Mi A3 @₹12,999 | Android One - Mi India

Don't know about Realme devices, as I have never used it !
Don't go for Mi A3; its display is one of the worst if it gets dropped and this pandemic brought further S*** out of it as this in-display fingerprint sensors cause repairs to be difficult (same goes for finding the spares).

Bottom line: Avoid in-display fingerprint phones (at least when we are having rough relation with China)

You can try beebom. If you found it confusing, refer to Technolobe which also tells to do the same. Essentially both videos explain the same, Technolobe a bit simpler.
You can try beebom. If you found it confusing, refer to Technolobe which also tells to do the same. Essentially both videos explain the same, Technolobe
But it requires rooting?
Nopez no rooting.

When I switch to UK for my miui rom the ads disappear but the caller ID feature that identifies calls like spam .... marketing etc disappears .
That is the only difference I noticed . Did not dig too deep into it .
Using on
Mi max 2
Redmi note 8 pro
Redmi note 9 pro max .

User interface is the best and can also customize using thousands of themes, and unbrick using MiFlash software is a piece of cake.
Xiaomi adding more features to MIUI is added value. Though some features are better in stock, like recent apps.
I was porting MIUI to different devices, now no time to pursue that hobby !

Last edited:
On Android R and dont care about stock miui as always prefer to use custom roms, tons of uber features, unlimited customization and no need to root as well!

Back