Android Mobile can't send/receive SMS messages

dpandey

Adept
I realized this today when the courier deliveryman turned up at the door and demanded an OTP. The mobile, a LG v30, hadn't received any messages in the past few days. After some more experimentation, I discovered that it can't even send messages.

I am quite certain it is a software problem. The SIM works fine when I insert it another phone. Factory reset seemed to solved the problem, but it reappeared after some time (I am assuming after it downloaded the updates).

Any idea what could be wrong.

If it was not sending messages but receiving, low balance could've been the reason.

In your case, check if sms center number is correct or not.

In your case, check if sms center number is correct or not.
Message center seems ok, "+919845087001",145
Not sure what the 145 is for.

Do Factory Rest Mobile
Tried that. No luck. It worked for while but then stopped (I am assuming after it downloaded all the updates).
Some more strange behavior. It works for a few minutes after a reboot. Even downloads some messages. Then it stops working.

Last edited:
It's common problem with lg mobile for last few days..

Read here, it has solution.

PSA FOR ALL LG OWNERS: If you haven't been able to send/receive SMS for the past couple days, uninstall Google Carrier Services from the Play Store. (More info inside)

It's common problem with lg mobile for last few days..

Read here, it has solution.

PSA FOR ALL LG OWNERS: If you haven't been able to send/receive SMS for the past couple days, uninstall Google Carrier Services from the Play Store. (More info inside)

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Thankfully, I had an old backup phone (Sansung on8) lying around. I was able to collect the package from the courier today :)

Who is going to fix this? Google or LG? LG is notorious with updates.

EDIT:
Apparently, Google had released a fix. Updated 'carrier services' fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Back