Budget 15-20K Mobile for navigation across india

I am a lorry driver and i go till nepal....for me navigating through unknown terrain is a daily ritual for which i use navi maps and google maps extensively on my old redimi note 8 pro.... which i now want to replace....please tell me which mobile to buy for navigation ? I have no other preferences like camera , battery , looks etc....just that it should be durable with a good protection case which i get for all my phones....in my profession maps are a life saver....i care for nothing else in my mobile if it has solid gps performance....please guide....thank you.

If that lorry belongs to you then you shall consider installing a full fledged gps system and install mapmyindia and be worryfree. Rather than relying on phone and let the phone be used for its prime calls etc. purpose.

If that lorry belongs to you then you shall consider installing a full fledged gps system and install mapmyindia and be worryfree. Rather than relying on phone and let the phone be used for its prime calls etc. purpose.
I doubt Mapmyindia would be able to provide real-time traffic information and suggest alternate routes in case of roadblocks/closures.
GMaps has evolved a lot based on indian user data and has been mostly accurate. (Barring few incidents ofcourse).

@ OP
Get a phone with best battery backup (6000-7000 mah).
GPS receivers in the android segment mostly work as expected. Faced few GPS lock issues few years back when I was using Redmi note 3.
GPS locks on Iphones are quick. You can get a used Iphone 8/XR for just navigation purpose (assuming 12v charger is always available in your lorry)

I doubt Mapmyindia would be able to provide real-time traffic information and suggest alternate routes in case of roadblocks/closures.
GMaps has evolved a lot based on indian user data and has been mostly accurate. (Barring few incidents ofcourse).

@ OP
Get a phone with best battery backup (6000-7000 mah).
GPS receivers in the android segment mostly work as expected. Faced few GPS lock issues few years back when I was using Redmi note 3.
GPS locks on Iphones are quick. You can get a used Iphone 8/XR for just navigation purpose (assuming 12v charger is always available in your lorry)
Mapmy india on highways are good....the rerouting messes up sometimes....also it says me to always take the service road when coming on to a bridge for some reason....google says otherwise....but in mapmyindia i have settings to avoid narrow roads which helps....i drive a 40 footer so its a 24v system in place.

Getting a used mobile is not an option for me as i wont be at home for 3 months...new ones are my only option so please suggest one for my purpose thanks.

Back