Mobile Phone @ 15K

ravi.r.raj

Disciple
Hi,
Need help in buying a phonearound 15 k range. I am not a big fan of touch screen. Rather want to go for something that is a crack pad. Unfortunately i doubt any of the android phones come up with a crack pad.

I zeroed in on two phones. The BB curve 9300 3G and Nokia E6. I dono what to go for. BB OS looks good. But again few say that its apps are getting outdated. Also I have no idea about the symbian on E6. Will it be able perform? Another big question is i heard nokia will be migrating to windows. So will the symbian run phones get updates as in for apps?

My main concern with the phone would be mail and the occasional messenger & office. office would be rare though. Also Nokia would be around 3k dearer. On the plus, it has a better camera, display.

Also if there are any other phones in that range, do let me know. No touch screen

ravi.r.raj said:
I zeroed in on two phones. The BB curve 9300 3G and Nokia E6. I dono what to go for. BB OS looks good. But again few say that its apps are getting outdated. Also I have no idea about the symbian on E6. Will it be able perform? Another big question is i heard nokia will be migrating to windows. So will the symbian run phones get updates as in for apps?

BB lineup is enough outdated that the company might be sold soon.

E6 runs Symbian Anna & will be supported & updated till 2016 if you believe Nokia. Unfortunately, if you're hoping for more S^3 apps in the future, then you're out of luck.

And most importantly, the E6 is a touchscreen device. If you're okay with that, then you also have the Samsung Galaxy Pro (while its specs are inferior, so is its price & it runs Android.)

Y not try an Android device?

Your budget is pretty good and you can get a really good android phone in this range. I would suggest you to go for Galaxy Ace. Though, you are not a touchscreen device fan but you will fall in love with Galaxy Ace. It has a big 3.5" capacitive touchscreen, Android froyo which is upgradable to gingerbread, 800MHz processor, 5MO camera with LED flash and other good features. The phone is available for 14k on a website saholic (quite reasonable because of Android fest on the site). In case you wnt to know more about the specs of the phone or watch some of its videos, you will find this link helpful Saholic

Thank you guys. I wouldn't be using the BBM. So that is out of the question. But what i will use is my e mail. thats the reason i am looking for a crack pad and not touch screen. E6 has this crack pad. So thought it will be good. I love android. Used my friends Galaxy. Felt good. But the touch screen was really getting to me. If not for that i would have definitely gone for one of the galaxy phones

I checked out the E6 last evening. Feels great in the hand, unlike those blackberry curve models. But they say only available with Priority dealer. And it costs 17,319. Think i would wait for the prices to drop some more

pauldmps said:
BB lineup is enough outdated that the company might be sold soon.

Dude, do you even know what are you talking about? You're talking as if you know the whole market and you're a guru. Blackberry is still a very good business phone and also has its own tight hold in the market. Maybe, the changes brought by them takes time to come or to be developed which is why people assume Blackberry's as boring. But trust me, if you once use a Blackberry you wont think of switching to some other device.

As far as the OP is concerned, the Blackberry devices in this range is not worth of buying to be honest. I think you should stick with the Nokia E6 which the other members have suggested!

^^^ Exactly right. BB is still a best business phone imo. Me being an android fan, I have used BB 9700/9780 and Torch. I had nothing but great experience. BB is still coming out with excellent products. They are coming out with Touchscreen/Sliding keyboard and also coming out with bigger ram/1.2ghz processor. Oh, also their build quality is good.

Sorry, if it is off topic.

egobrain.exe said:
Dude, do you even know what are you talking about? You're talking as if you know the whole market and you're a guru. Blackberry is still a very good business phone and also has its own tight hold in the market. Maybe, the changes brought by them takes time to come or to be developed which is why people assume Blackberry's as boring. But trust me, if you once use a Blackberry you wont think of switching to some other device.

As far as the OP is concerned, the Blackberry devices in this range is not worth of buying to be honest. I think you should stick with the Nokia E6 which the other members have suggested!

There is no reason to react that way! What I am saying is purely based on recent media reports. The shares of RIM has dipped too low. There were rumors of Microsoft & even Samsung trying to buy RIM out. Plus the unsuccessful Playbook & delay they're making in launching BB OS7 devices, many fans are going to be pissed off.

Times are gone when people used to buy phones based on the "oomph" factor. BB phones were status symbol back then. Things have changed now. Probably that's why RIM is implementing Dalvik VM so that BB devices could run Android apps.

Now only time will tell whether they make a comeback with the new devices or file for bankruptcy. Till then, can you please try to be more polite with other member's opinions ?

Back