mobile phone 7-10K

Cloud-S

Adept
Looking for a simple, not so high-end cell phone with the following requirements. Budget, max 10K. Anything under it is good starting from 6K.

Big and clear screen
Touchscreen should be capacitive
5MP cam
3.5mm jack
Should not be laggy for the basic use
Wifi

Brands I do not prefer - Spice, micromax and perhaps Samsung but can consider this.

Which I prefer - SE, HTC, Motorola, Nokia

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Android is preferred, although is not a must.

Should be slim and good looking.

The 5 MP thing narrows it down quite a lot

1)Samsung galaxy Fit

+5mp cam , lag free for basic use, Good SQ music player
- screen res is QVGA,some apps (very few infact) may not work, also browser/office apps less usable

2)SE X10 Mini

+great 5 mp camera(for an android), small,fast UI even on 2.1,good SQ
- small screen,low res, android 2.1 out of box(though unofficially minicm7 available)

If you can pare down the camera to 3.2 mp

1)LG Optimus one

+Good battery life, froyo out of box, GB update started
- screen dust problem
- Bulky? also looks ugly to me, but for pure functionality hard to resist on budget

2)Dell XCD 35

+ great screen WVGA 3.5 inch, slim? ,good custom ROMS
- Without a modding/custom ROM,the UI is not smooth with the qualcomm struggling to push the screen pixels around,maybe improved in recent updates

2)SE X10 Mini

+great 5 mp camera(for an android), small,fast UI even on 2.1,good SQ
- small screen,low res, android 2.1 out of box(though unofficially minicm7 available)
All in all If you want a camera but dont mind the small screen and want to stay inside your budget get the SE X10 mini
If you can compromise on the camera front ,optimus P500 is very good choice
Again If web browsing is primary use,Dell XCD 35 may be suited better
But seriously even though you have ruled out MicroMax , A70 would have been perfect at that price point.

I see that your budget has dropped from 10-15k to 7-10k.

The problem is that there is no phone which fulfills all your requirements within 10k.

The Optimus One and Dell XCD35 do not have a 5 MP camera.

The Xperia X10 mini, X10 mini pro do not have large screens.

The Galaxy Fit does not have a very good screen (very low resolution for a screen of that size).

Micromax A70 is ruled out since you dont seem to include that in preferred brands.

Those are the decent droids below 10k, but none of them seem to satisfy all your requirements. So, you either have to lower the requirements or increase your budget.

Back