Mobile phone for dad~20k. Iphone 3GS?

ananttuli

Recruit
I wanted to buy a phone for my dad (for under 20 k) and was thinking of buying the 3gs as :
1.He doesn't do any gaming,or watch movies on his phone (does that on the ipad)(i guess that rules out the need for a very fast processor).

2. Just wants good battery life,reliability and smooth running of the phone.
3. He is somewhat in the know-how of ios.

Do you think an iphone 3gs has a good battery life(i know it in mAh but i want to know real world battery). Please reply

I believe that post price cuts iPhone 4 is now at 26k (As reported by BGR.in today), if you could stretch your budget just a bit, that would be a much better option.

Coming to 3GS, I have a friend who uses it. What he told me is that battery life is somewhat decent but if your usage is high (even music/net surfing) then things might go downhill fast!

Although, I guess personal owners of the 3GS might be able to answer your questions better based on their own experience.

Just asking. If your dad has an iPad for entertainment then why do you want to spend so much again on a phone? If you want excellent battery life and ease of use then you can stick to feature phones in the ~4k range. They offer good battery life and ease of use too.

Apple has stopped new shipments of iPhone 3GS. Aircel was selling 3GS for ~13.5k with a postpaid plan offer about a month back. But it would be difficult to find a good deal now.

^You make it sound like homework, I'm afraid. I would personally recommend the Galaxy Nexus. It will run you around 21k on ebay. Most importantly it comes with 'Pure Android' experience.

Back