Less than 10K Mobile phone for mom

kartikoli

Skilled
I want to buy a phone that will be used only for Calling/Youtube and whatsapp by mom, she won't use any other feature so please suggest accordingly. Poco M4 Pro looks good but internet is filled by negative reviews of hardware failure after an year so I am confused, other mobiles that comes to mind are Infinix Note 12 and Redmi 11 both @9k. Even Infinix Hot 12 looks fine with IPS display

If you want to opt for Samsung, Samsung Galaxy F23 5G 6/128 GB is available at Rs 12,150 after card discount. It comes without charger.

Given her use case, go for no -bloated stock Android such as Motorola. Perfect for elderly people. She wouldn't care about OS updates, nor pixel like cam photos.
You will need to raise the budget upto 15k for Moto G52. If you want to future proof, get her a 6gb variant.

Take a look at this MOTOROLA g22 (Iceberg Blue, 64 GB) on Flipkart ₹10499

Edit: forget it. Looks like it has heating issues and hangs a lot. Two things that will make any person angry really fast.

Last edited:
In my opinion for elderly people any OS is fine, they don't care about notifications or any blootware just give them 2~3 icons on home screen and its all good.
Bought Poco M4 Pro for 9861 after ICICI discount, Mom liked yellow color so that settled everything.
Any bumper case to go with it? a case would be a good idea

The 4G variant has an OLED but the 5G comes with IPS according to gsmarena

Even has an IR blaster which is absent these days on other models.

Which one did you get?

Last edited:
Any bumper case to go with it? a case would be a good idea

The 4G variant has an OLED but the 5G comes with IPS according to gsmarena

Even has an IR blaster which is absent these days on other models.

Which one did you get?
Got https://www.flipkart.com/poco-m4-pro-yellow-64-gb/p/itm1dda9769e7dd9 Opted for better screen over 5G as she remains at home and always connected to Wifi (every recharge her 4g data go to waste anyways)
Thanks for reminding about the case it would be good idea to get one asap

Back